Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
They're doing fine! A new iteration of their dive computer is coming out soon and they are busy selling regs and gear.

That said, they acquired a small group of haters here on SB over the years, and made a decision to just stop responding to every little dustup here. I miss them too! But they pay attention, at a distance. I chat with Landon every now and then.

They are more active via FB, and of course they always respond to any email sent to support@deep6gear.com

I didn't see any hate stuff about them, but I haven't been looking either.

That said, they acquired a small group of haters here on SB over the years, and made a decision to just stop responding to every little dustup here.

But doesn't this apply to most vendors that used to be present on SB; Scubapro, AL, Atomic, etc.? They all left and haven't been on here for years. I know for fact that Scubapro had people assigned to support users on SB and even had their names and Avatars to identify them as Scubapro staff to communicate with the users on SB to answer their questions and provide customer support but the hostility and attacks against Scubapro, Atomic, etc. was relentless and uncalled for so they ALL left SB. The management of SB fostered this hostility against these top brands to the point where the vendors couldn't take it any longer and left.

Same hostile and destructive attitude continues today against LDS' on SB. That's why no sane LDS or instructor would recommend SB to their students or customers.

The management of SB fostered this hostility against these top brands to the point where the vendors couldn't take it any longer and left.
Absolute nincompoopery, no?

Edit: your quoted comment is nincompoopery, not any of the actions of SB management

Absolute nincompoopery, no?

I don't know if what the management of SB did or didn't do can be called that or not, I don't want to judge them and called them that.

Landon Lasseter, who recently became the full owner

Landon is a very decent guy and a professional. I wish him success in these most difficult times.

I don't know if what the management of SB did or didn't do can be called that or not, I don't want to judge them and called them that.
You misunderstand. You seem to be making things up about the management of SB towards vendors (as well as SB towards LDS).

You misunderstand. You seem to be making things up about the management of SB towards vendors (as well as SB towards LDS).

I think that you are the one who called them "Absolute nincompoopery" not me. Perhaps your post should be report as personal vulgar attack. If you want to criticise SB management or anyone here on SB, you should remain professional not use such low class terms against SB management or anyone else.

I think that you are the one who called them "Absolute nincompoopery" not me. Perhaps your post should be report as personal vulgar attack. If you want to criticise SB management or anyone here on SB, you should remain professional not use such low class terms against SB management or anyone else.
Amended to clarify such that it could not be misinterpreted as inaccurately as you’ve consumed it. Long live SB management.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom