Adjusting strap length on Deep 6 Eddy Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanSz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased a pair of Deep 6 Eddy fins and the length of the spring straps out of the box is just a little too loose for diving with just my neoprene socks. They advertise that there are 3 strap length adjustments, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience in adjusting them? I took them to a dive shop in Belize and they hadn't seen anything like them before and didn't want to tinker with them. I can see the pins that must be used for the straps to hook onto, but I don't just want to start unscrewing without knowing what I'm doing. I've looked extensively online and found nothing, even going so far as emailing Deep Eddy and they never got back to me.

Hoping someone here can help! Thanks.

The fins come with the spring strap attached to the bolts closest to the back. To make the straps tighter, unscrew the nuts from the bolts and remove the bolts. Now the spring strap will come off. Loosen the screws attached to the front bolts and remove those. Now slide the spring straps back into the slots and line up the loop on the spring strap with the front holes. Slide the bolt back in and tighten the nuts on the bolts. Neat trick...If you think the front bolts are too tight and the rear are too loose, you can actually do it on just one side. That'll give you an intermediate level of tightness.

^ I have found our new technical writer. lol

Just out of curiosity, what dive shop did you take them to in Belize? Seems a little surprising that spring straps hung them up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom