Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
Without doing the work myself.... any Seattle/Tacoma area LDS with your gear?
Possibly Tacoma Scuba. Call Josh.

Are they the ones on Center Street near all the bums and industrial area? I know lighthouse (moved to Bridgeport) and Underwater don't carry them.

Don’t rely on the dealer tool on the website. Way out of date, per Landon when I messaged him about it. My instructor’s shop in WI carries the Eddy fins, but isn’t listed.

Are they the ones on Center Street near all the bums and industrial area? I know lighthouse (moved to Bridgeport) and Underwater don't carry them.
Yes, that is where they are located. I met Josh on the Oceanquest years ago. Good guy. I have meant to stop in and chat with him about Deep 6.

Yes, that is where they are located. I met Josh on the Oceanquest years ago. Good guy. I have meant to stop in and chat with him about Deep 6.
Ok, I like that shop too. Bought a few odds and ends there while getting the wife kitted out to learn how not to drown. I mostly frequent Ranger Sport Scuba in Puyallup since it's veteran owned and only 10 minutes from me.

I'll have to stop by and inquire about some new shiny regs at some point. Not sure when, but would be nice to shift my titan over to the wife and I'll get the D6. I need a new computer first. Every dive I dislike my pro plus 2 more and more...

Don’t rely on the dealer tool on the website. Way out of date, per Landon when I messaged him about it. My instructor’s shop in WI carries the Eddy fins, but isn’t listed.

I am going to try to rebuild a store locator as we have quite a few Demo Centers and dealers scattered around the globe now.

I do not believe we have a dealer in WI though.

I am going to try to rebuild a store locator as we have quite a few Demo Centers and dealers scattered around the globe now.

Yes, you do. They sell Eddys. Diversions Scuba in Madison.

I get affiliated demo centers since Deep6 always had those but wasn’t the whole Deep6 model based on not having traditional “dealers” and being “direct to customer” initially? Maybe I misunderstood what dealer means in this instance.

@p_kos Yes we initially started as only D2C, but that evolved into a hybrid D2C / B2B model.

Because of the hybrid model, we don’t need dealers, but we do want to work with good shops and professionals. It allows is to be a bit more selective.

So keeping with this concept, we have multiple reseller options, including demo centers, ‘dealers’ (that are still a bit different than traditional dealers which is why I tend to call them resellers), and affiliated dive pros (like independent instructors).

@p_kos Yes we initially started as only D2C, but that evolved into a hybrid D2C / B2B model.

Because of the hybrid model, we don’t need dealers, but we do want to work with good shops and professionals. It allows is to be a bit more selective.

So keeping with this concept, we have multiple reseller options, including demo centers, ‘dealers’ (that are still a bit different than traditional dealers which is why I tend to call them resellers), and affiliated dive pros (like independent instructors).
Thanks for clearing that up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom