Awesome Service from Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitarcrazy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use a Deep 6 Scribble first stage, with the Deep 6 second stage primary and an older Oceanic octo. My wife is using a Hog 1st, 2nd, and Octo setup. We haven't had these regs serviced yet, so I called Deep 6 to see what the process and timeframe was to rebuild the Deep 6 gear. They said they can do all of the regs, not just the Deep 6. I boxed everything up and sent to them Priority mail. A few days later they sent a Paypal request for $110. I sent payment, and 3 days later I received everything back. It was unbelievably fast, and much less expensive than I was expecting. They had to order the parts for the Oceanic octo, which added a few dollars to the total, but I felt like the price was very reasonable to have everything gone through and then sent back at no additional cost. Highly recommend Deep 6 if you are looking for new gear. I am very glad I found out about them on Scubaboard.

That kind of service has been my experience with them as well!

I use a Deep 6 Scribble first stage, with the Deep 6 second stage primary and an older Oceanic octo. My wife is using a Hog 1st, 2nd, and Octo setup. We haven't had these regs serviced yet, so I called Deep 6 to see what the process and timeframe was to rebuild the Deep 6 gear. They said they can do all of the regs, not just the Deep 6. I boxed everything up and sent to them Priority mail. A few days later they sent a Paypal request for $110. I sent payment, and 3 days later I received everything back. It was unbelievably fast, and much less expensive than I was expecting. They had to order the parts for the Oceanic octo, which added a few dollars to the total, but I felt like the price was very reasonable to have everything gone through and then sent back at no additional cost. Highly recommend Deep 6 if you are looking for new gear. I am very glad I found out about them on Scubaboard.
why does deep 6 not service deep 6 gear? Is that a typo?

reading error? I read it as: they did the Deep6 gear and the non-Deep6 gear.

6 stages total (2 Deep6, 4 not) for $110 + oceanic octo parts, return shipping included. Sounds like a deal to me!
yes I think you are right. the words were : not just the Deep 6 and I must have misread it as: just not the Deep 6.. Guess that is what one beer does to me now.

Sounds like more than one.
perhaps, but it was only one. Was out in the sun for a good bit of the day.

I should probably add, the benefit of getting service done quickly and correctly and at a reasonable price is getting to be a rare commodity - at least at my local dive shop. The delays can be significant, so it is good to hear they are doing such a good job at supporting their customers.

I had to pay for the Oceanic parts separately, which was only about $11. Overall, still very affordable and lightning fast.

Reactions: L13
With the INSANE rise in the cost of service kits from the big manufacturers, this is just one more reason to patronize Deep6. Superb quality gear; reasonably priced kits; good service; fast service; teach  you to service? What's not to like?

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Deep 6 Scribble (now Excursion)? Thinking about switching over to all Deep 6 to allow for easy self servicing. I know that the signature is cheaper in the long run, but I think the break even point is approximately 10 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom