Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
Can you describe those Canadian values? Honestly, I've always thought of you guys as "American-light". Kind of like light beer.
except it is American beer that is light.

Long live the Queen

except it is American beer that is light.

Long live the Queen
Molson Brador - it used to find its way to me through landfamily/friends who summered with extended family north o' the border. "Robust" for the 80's ... :cheers:o_O

Seeems to be a nice lady. Be interesting to have tea (or maybe something more fun) with her.

... pretty rarified air, where you are now ... unless you start making tech computers, that would put you #1 in your catagory.
The issue was customer service, not what products they make/sell.

... pretty rarified air, where you are now ... unless you start making tech computers, that would put you #1 in your catagory.

We do make a tech computer - see our coming release of firmware for the excursion. Lol

We do make a tech computer - see our coming release of firmware for the excursion. Lol
😅 I have only been diving 20 months .... Truthfully, I have never seen your gear at any of my LDS. I see comments on here, ppl raving about your service, etc. Must be some truth, I'm guessing . I'm on Vancouver Island. Shearwater Peregrine on my wrist.

😅 I have only been diving 20 months .... Truthfully, I have never seen your gear at any of my LDS. I see comments on here, ppl raving about your service, etc. Must be some truth, I'm guessing . I'm on Vancouver Island. Shearwater Peregrine on my wrist.
They don’t do LDS, which is why you an get good stuff for less money, no middleman

They don’t do LDS, which is why you an get good stuff for less money, no middleman
That would explain then, I have seen the name, but not heard much about. If I bought anything online, it would've been used, and not from the US. I only bought from suppliers who could just mail me my item, no customs. Canadian shippers only. My chosen LDS, also got a lot of my business.

Back
Top Bottom