What would you consider your level to be?

What would you consider your level to be?

Votes: 30 14.4%
  • Beginner

Votes: 56 26.9%
  • Intermediate

Votes: 53 25.5%
  • Advanced

Votes: 52 25.0%
  • Super Diver

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Better than Iguana Don... no, really!

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to place myself in the beginner category. I am pretty confident in my own skills, but have not faced any adverse conditions except strong currents and low vis (gotta love New England diving). Untill I get tested in a real situation, it is very hard to be objective as everyone else has pointed out.
Dkerr

If you're not learning, you're just not paying attention

I put for beginner mostly because of the weather/sea conditions that my dives are until today...

I didn't experience any real cold dives, or really strong currents or zero visibility....this is why I choose beginner...

Remember that your level is not only the number of dives that you perform but the difficulties you are facing on your dives...

Manogr

I still feel like my skills are not even close to where I want to be, so I wuld consider myself as a beginner.

I try to dive a few dives a month, so hopefully, within a couple of years I will be get better and be able to consider myself as an intermediate diver.

I am an AOW diver, Nitrox certified.I will continue to get certified in rescue and maybe get into tech. There is so much to learn and not enough time (and money) ;-0.

Keep on diving.

Ari :)

I do about 200 dives/year. I have a box of cards including many student certs up to trimix and cave and bunches of instructor ratings. I continuously train and that makes me a beginner at something all the time. However, compared to the divers I tend to run with when not working (teaching)and when I can keep up I am a rank beginner. I know divers of such vast experience and skill that I will never catch up. There aren't enough diving days left in my life.

I just wanted to thank you for gracing us with your presence... I didn't know fish had internet access.

I was tempted to add "Diving God (NetDoc status)" as a gag, but I figured SOMEONE would actually take me seriously. *I* have yet to vote, and will continue to abstain due to my views on the subject.

Originally posted by MNScuba
I'm sure there are more options that could've/should've been listed, but lets try and keep it basic without having to try and define everything.

Whatever you think you are based on your own definitions is fine!

Doesn't that cover you?

Newbie with a capital "N", thank you...although, I'm probably less of a newbie than some other people with only a dozen or so post-cert dives, because I did most of the dives in a short amount of time, before I forget the stuff I learn on the dive before!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom