What wings are you using with your Freedom Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just an FYI, the HOG wing bladders are not urethane. They are ballistic material. That's why there's a ten year warranty against pinch flats.
That's right, and that also makes them tough AND thin which is a good combo.
As thick as the 26 mil bladder is in the Oxycheq I still did get a pinch flat in it which I had to patch. Thank god at least the bladder is accessable with a 360 loop zipper (Hog also has a 360 loop zipper).
Even though the Oxy bladder is thick, it's still gummy urethane and prone to being mashed fairly easily.
I can see how the balistic materials like the Hog are going to be the bladder materials of the future.

Just mounted the HOG 32 to the FP. I'm no expert, but this strikes me as a touchdown. The outer material is meaty. The bladder, well I dunno about that - its a bladder I guess. It is the same color as a hogs stomach - not sure that's intentional.

As Eric mentioned the wings tank bars fit perfectly outside the FPs tank bars - an unintentional if not nifty self aligning feature.

And its nothing like the Apeks that I tried - that thing was like pajama material - I was afraid I'd rip it just trying to get the thing mounted.

Not so with this HOG wing - it says to me "go ahead, try and beat me up you pussy". Who can argue with that?:wink:

I like it!

Attachments

• IMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6349.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6353.jpg
    IMG_6353.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 126
I'm NDIR (not DIR) - and I'm gonna die! hahahahahahaha

Attachments

• IMG_6356.jpg
    IMG_6356.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 161
Your 32 HOG has a different inflator valve than the ones on their website. I like that the LP hose is on the outside of the valve, lets the hose run more streamlined. Did you make the change or did they?

Was referring to your original pix, oh boy you are really going to get it now with the new setup, standby for incoming.

Your 32 HOG has a different inflator valve than the ones on their website. I like that the LP hose is on the outside of the valve, lets the hose run more streamlined. Did you make the change or did they?

Was referring to your original pix, oh boy you are really going to get it now with the new setup, standby for incoming.

LOL! ref: the original inflator, yeah it came that way - I'm sure that's a foul as well - with the hose on the outside, it might get caught on a stalactite, oh no Mr Bill!

But I agree with you. I like my inflator hose on the outside.

thanx for the reply, was just looking at their website and the 32 lb wings are all black and have a different inflator setup than yours. Is yours a new model or an older one? thanx for any info

errrr...dunno really. It is right from the factory I believe, drop shipped to me, arrived today. Jim LaPenta hooked me up. He's up a bit higher in this thread somewhere. Drop him a jingle, or maybe he'll chime in if he reads this....

The MAP.price on the 32 is 244.95. But the red blacks are in very short supply. In fact.there is a good chance they are out of stock until the next shipment comes in at the end of May/early June. The all black models are available with no problem.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Just mounted the HOG 32 to the FP. I'm no expert, but this strikes me as a touchdown. The outer material is meaty. The bladder, well I dunno about that - its a bladder I guess. It is the same color as a hogs stomach - not sure that's intentional.

As Eric mentioned the wings tank bars fit perfectly outside the FPs tank bars - an unintentional if not nifty self aligning feature.

And its nothing like the Apeks that I tried - that thing was like pajama material - I was afraid I'd rip it just trying to get the thing mounted.

Not so with this HOG wing - it says to me "go ahead, try and beat me up you pussy". Who can argue with that?:wink:

I like it!

Glad you like it and thanks for your business!

I like it!
Mani, that last pic is the award winner.
Really nice job on the setup and alignment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom