What tools do you carry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We take an Allen wrench set (useful for swapping or moving hoses if needed), a set of wire cutters/clippers (useful for trimming zipties, and zipties are useful for all kinds of things) and a Tobin tool (useful for taking apart inflators if they begin to leak or autoinflate). That's in addition, of course, to a supply of various sized o-rings.

I find the Oxycheq’s DiveOps Tank Valve / Inflator Tool more versatile than the Tobin tool.

Both tools have an additional use, sex bolts attaching a wing. The valve handle tool works perfectly on the female/nut side and the side of the tool for the male/screw side.

Attachments

• SexBolt Tool1.jpg
    SexBolt Tool1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 85
  • SexBolt Tool2.jpg
    SexBolt Tool2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 792
  • OT-01-02.jpg
    OT-01-02.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 81
It's pretty clear that the OP was interested in finding out what tools divers bring with them into the UW environment...you know...on a dive....

Commercial or wreck diving, there is one tool that is always present; a hammer. Of course to a diver almost anything can be a hammer — like a Crescent hammer, a spud wrench hammer, and a hydraulic impact wrench hammer.

Seriously, my younger brother made this hammer for me in the 1970s. It has a very long head and short handle, ideal for underwater. Of course it is made of stainless steel. Truly one of my most prized possessions.

Attachments

• Hammer.jpg
    Hammer.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 156
I find the Oxycheq’s DiveOps Tank Valve / Inflator Tool more versatile than the Tobin tool.

Both tools have an additional use, sex bolts attaching a wing. The valve handle tool works perfectly on the female/nut side and the side of the tool for the male/screw side.

I like the improved version as well, but was crediting the original designer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom