What Support Equipment for CC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Zebra 1 it will all depend on what mixes you are putting in them and if you want to consider them part of your ballast. Many people will use sidemount bottles for bailout in which case you may want them to be more negative.

What is your actual tank inventory right now. You mentioned 100's, 80's, ponies, but how many of each and in what configuration?

Also I wouldn't worry about offboard plugins yet. It is a high priority in cave diving where we want to stay on the loop for as long as possible, but not nearly as much of a priority in open water.

What is your actual tank inventory right now. You mentioned 100's, 80's, ponies, but how many of each and in what configuration?
I have 3 steel 100's, 5 lp27's, 3 old, old al80's, a new 02 clean al80 I use with a hookah @ 20, 2 19's and one 13 pony. The only tanks I think I really need right now are 2 al40's for bailout.

I have 3 steel 100's, 5 lp27's, 3 old, old al80's, a new 02 clean al80 I use with a hookah @ 20, 2 19's and one 13 pony. The only tanks I think I really need right now are 2 al40's for bailout.
If by "old old" al80s you mean 6351 aluminum. I would recycle those and get yourself a new 80. There's nothing wrong with a single al80 of BO for the next 50 hrs. You don't "need" the 40s for the immediate future

define old?

Should be able to find some AL40's used for pretty cheap. If you ever make it out to the east coast I have several that I need to get rid of lol

In my equipment box, I just chucked a few things for my o2ptima.
Made a checklist I'm comfortable with and laminated it business card sized.
Two cosmetics containers, one with tribolute, one with molykote 777 inside. Got cheap containers, and that oil found a way out, so now they are in a ziplock baggie too.
One pipe cleaner, for the day when I eventually take this thing in the ocean and need to clean out the cables.
Few of the zipties that Dive Rite uses, with a metal tooth and low profile bumps. My rig is set up "wrong" with zipties everywhere, not hose clamps, and you can never have enough zip ties.
And one mushroom valve. Probably don't need this, haven't needed it yet.

I do have one spare oxygen sensor in there too, outdated but still performing fine when removed, just in case. I also have a tiny can of the contact spray, but as far as I can tell, as long as you don't flood it and you replace the wiring harness every 1-2 years, this is probably unnecessary too.

The grease is probably what I have used the most, then zip ties.

I do have one spare oxygen sensor in there too,
Thanks,
Since the O2ptima uses 4 cells with one out of the voting logic is it possible to use the unit with only three cells, basically use it like a 3 cell breather?
I think the Nerd 2's will allow using only 2 cells?
I would never do this as a newbie but later....maybe.
Being able to use only 3 cells would make keeping a spare on hand less important.
I'm probably missing something.

Thanks,
Since the O2ptima uses 4 cells with one out of the voting logic is it possible to use the unit with only three cells, basically use it like a 3 cell breather?
I think the Nerd 2's will allow using only 2 cells?
I would never do this as a newbie but later....maybe.
Being able to use only 3 cells would make keeping a spare on hand less important.
I'm probably missing something.

One of the sides will only read 2 cells unless you do some creative stuff in the wiring harnesses *not recommended*. The controller reads 1-2-3, and the monitor reads 1-2-4.
I BELIEVE that the DiveCAN NERD's support dual sensor monitoring

I know a monitor NERD2 will read 1,2,or 3 cells. However many are plugged in when you calibrate is what it will read.
Have not played with a DIVCAN version.

1 it will all depend on what mixes you are putting in them and if you want to consider them part of your ballast. Many people will use sidemount bottles for bailout in which case you may want them to be more negative.
I plan on sidemounting my bailout. One 40 to start, then 2, then 80's (maybe 72's now!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom