What scuba related dreams do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
There are two scuba related dreams, both equally odd, which I've had more than once. I thought I'd share and invite you to share yours.

#1 - The pleasant dream
I'm diving around the buildings of my old school. That's right, all the buildings of the school is submerged in clear tropical water and I'm having a great time swimming around it. There's one specific spot where, as you round the building, there is just a plethora of coral and fish. I wish this dive exists.

#2 - The unpleasant dream
My wife (permanent dive buddy) and I are getting ready for a dive. I see her plunge into the water and I know that her cylinder isn't turned open. She plummets downwards and I know she has nothing to breathe. I want to jump in after her but I know my cylinder isn't turned open either. I debate whether I should:
a. jump in and hope that I can open my cylinder while swimming down (but I know I can't reach the valve by myself)
b. open my cylinder and then jump in (but I know it will waste time because I can't really reach the valve)
c. get out of my gear and freedive down to her so I can open her valve

The dream always ends there and I never dream to the point where I actually make the decision and take action. It's a stupid dream because, even with a completely empty BC, neither of us would plummet as we're minimally weighted. We do make negative entries often though so the scenario is probably worth heeding, even if it wouldn't ever be as bad as in the dream.

Oh no!!! That's not good... In my professional oppinion your definatly crazy. I'm prescribing you with 1200cc's of air or nitrox mix of your choosing and some time to ponder at the bottom. Come back and see me when you have completed this and hopefully you'll have more of the first dream,

You are being punished for subjecting the world to the VUVUZELA, and the worst English speaking "IXINT OON DE PLINIT.

You are being punished for subjecting the world to the VUVUZELA, and the worst English speaking "IXINT OON DE PLINIT.
:rofl3:
If that's the worst punishment that's in store for me then I should probably count myself lucky. I can't imagine the purgatory I'd have found myself in if I had moyself an Ostrahlian axint:D

Last edited:
Scuba dreams? None. I'm still fighting a jungle war at night. Maybe in the afterlife.

Is this just a troll to see who has wet dreams?

my kid had a dive related dream, she is only 5 and I sometimes take her with me diving and sometimes on board a 2 day mini safari, so she is aware of the diving trips and how a boat would go from one place to another.. and she knows my dive buddies... 2 weeks ago I was on a 5 days trip and when I am back she told me that she had a dream of me and the boat was not moving due to some problem and we went to the water: me, her and my dive buddies (she named them one by one) and we pushed the boat to a safe place on the shore where there was lots of sands....

what do you think?

I sleep too soundly to remember most of my dreams. The ones I do are usually about flying like Superman, or about beautiful women that I know. I don't remember many that involved diving. I guess my inner mind figures that isn't the best way to work through any mental traumas I may be dealing with... or perhaps I don't have many such traumas because I dive during the day?

I've actually had a number of dreams where I was in class again, and screwing something up royally. It's funny that the main character in those dreams is almost always AG . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom