"Swim-through" okay for open water divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the geo-dome at Mukilteo count as a swim through, because I was doing that during my OW training. With a camera on my last training dive. Still didn't die.

Then you had no business offering to buddy up with him. Lots of people have a card that says "Rescue Diver" and it's not impressive. It would have been more impressive if you actually acted like a proper buddy. Not just keeping an eye on him and essentially letting him fend for himself.
This kind of stuff is why new divers say screw it after a few dives and find another hobby.
It's not being a baby sitter sticking close to a new diver. It's being a decent person.
With the attitude you have, you should get a solo cert and let people who are willing to really help out new divers be the buddy.

I would want to have a conversation with a buddy on expectations, but even as a new diver I don't want someone hanging right net to me. If I have a problem it is just that, my problem and I expect to solve it myself while they stay close enough to assist if necessary, but to not be involved unless asked.

Back
Top Bottom