What kind of slate do you use, and where is it stored?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The suunto vyper has a slate for access to the computer terminal. I love this because I dont need to cary an additional slate. I have a pencil tied off with small tubing so everything is where I need it if I need it.

Originally posted by Rick Murchison

I keep my line arrows on a short piece of clipped off surgical tubing - they're easy to pull off but won't fall off.
Rick

I do basically the same thing. I have a piece of surgical tubing connected to a bolt snap. I then connect the bolt snap to the bungee in my pocket. Works great.

Wetnotes in right drysuit pocket - soon to be rigged Pug-fashion - with plastic mechanical pencil clipped onto the binder.

I've been using one of those magnetic doodle slates I found at Walmart in the toy dept. Hey $3. It's OK for your basic "Let's do this" messages.

I use this set up most the time clipped off to a BC D-ring. Also have a dive rite multi-page slate but don't use it that often.

I bought one of the large Innovative slates. I removed the clip &
retractor bungee, milled out two slots for my watch band to go,
leaving room for the face and bezel on top. Then I drilled four holes, and stuck surgical tubing (the stretch bungee (can buy at Walgreens or medical supply) stuff) through them and tied the ends off with cable ties. Next I used a heat gun (before actually attaching the tubing (didn't want to melt it!)) to give it a bit of a
curve so it would conform to my arm more.

I use it before dives to write down my plan and my bailout depth & time...

--Steven.

Originally posted by Iguana Don
"Wetnotes", use some of those pencils that you push the old lead into the back of the pencil and a new point emerges.

Stow it in my pocket.

ID
I got one of those nifty pencils with my original DiveRite Executive slate but have been unable to find 'em again. Any idea where I might find one? I've scoured all the usual places here in the hinterlands of Lower Alabama without success.
Thanks,
Rick

No clue, sorry... My pencil (golf pencil) is on a yellow bungee tube that came with the slate.

--Steven.

This has been killing me as well, so I finally got off my arse and did some creative Internet searching to try to solve it.

The pencils are called "Pop-A-Point" and you can find a ton of places that sell all different types by entering "pop-a-point" in google... I got mine at www.studentsupply.com

I bought a box of the marine life ones..:D

Hope this helps..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom