What kind of slate do you use, and where is it stored?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you are off the hook! :jester:

There will be NO pulling it ALL out on this Board!

This is a family place.

I use the wetnotes and have them clipped off in my pocket as well.

I bought a small wrist slate with attached (bungeed) golf-pencil at my LDS ($7.95) with two velcro straps that I tie off to my left forearm. I supposed it is a potentil entanglement hazard, but it is really low profile and easy to use. Not a lot of writing surface - but I've never needed more than space for one or two words....then again I haven't been doing this very long. Also - I don't have a pocket for my Transpac II....need to get one...

I was using a Trident slate clipped off to a BC D-ring but recently purchased one of the Dive Rite multi-page wrist slates. I have not had the chance to get it wet yet but I think it will work better for me and is definitely much more streamlined. I'll let you know how it goes after my next trip to Panama City in a week or two.

I have two slates. The first is a multi-page wrist slate from Aqua Explorers. It has three pages so there is plenty of room for notes and things likr that. I also have my Compass mounted to the front part of the slate and the top page of the slate is great for bearing info.

My other slate is a mini quest. It's one of those magna-doodle things on one site and a two sided slate on the other. It was great for my wreck survey course or when my buddy and I need to write notes back and forth. I have it attached to a d ring with a locking retractor . Yeah, it's not very streamlined but I only take it when in open water or when surveying.

Ty

I have a DiveRite "multi-page" wrist slate that I mostly use for keeping my deco schedule on. Wet Notes for my pocket (as soon as I get it sewn on.....)

The "Quest" slates are cool but they're just too big. I don't like danglies and it would be a big one.

Iguana Don: I've recently looked high and low for those pencils and can't find one. Haven't seen one in years...

Tom

Originally posted by JamesK
Clipping things off in a pocket keeps things from falling out when you open the pocket. If you are horizontal, and you open a pocket on your thigh, things like to fall out, epsecially when digging through other gear that you carry in your pocket. When you dive in overhead environments, like caves/wrecks, you can not go vertical before opening your pocket.

Check this pic out to see how we do it.

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/left_pocket_contents_r.jpeg

Question about that picture: Shouldn't the mask be on your face and not in your pocket? ;-)

Originally posted by JamesK
Hmm, my line arrows and spools fall out all the time. LOL!!!!!
I keep my line arrows on a short piece of clipped off surgical tubing - they're easy to pull off but won't fall off.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom