What is your LDS and WHY? (Phoenix Area)

Dive shops

• All Wet Scuba

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Inland Water Divers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ocean Planet Scuba

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Oasis Divers

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paradise Scuba

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Scuba Sciences

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Scuba Specialties

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Sports Chalet

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
uggg just when it was about to slip to page 2 and off the radar!!

Ya... I vote we rename the Arizona Forum. I'm thinkin' something like... "Lake Pleasant Conditions." :wink:

shark.byte.usa:
uggg just when it was about to slip to page 2 and off the radar!!

You started it... :D

I second Stephen's vote!

I chose Scuba Sciences as my favorite LDS because of all the dive shops in town I truly believe that they have the best programs and training available. I love that they offer a junior open water course for my 10 year old daughter! I feel so safe when I dive because I know that I have received the best training possible. I think that Paul is a very captivating teacher, you couldn't learn more from a better teacher. I also feel confident taking my equipment there to be serviced. I know that the repair technician is more than qualified. And lastly, I like the way they have set up their dive trips/vacations. I feel more comfortable diving with people that I know. It is so convenient to be able to walk in the shop and say I want to go on that trip, and everything is taken care of for you. You name it, airfare, transportation, meals- all included. It's great!

missy1976:
I chose Scuba Sciences as my favorite LDS because of all the dive shops in town I truly believe that they have the best programs and training available. I love that they offer a junior open water course for my 10 year old daughter! I feel so safe when I dive because I know that I have received the best training possible. I think that Paul is a very captivating teacher, you couldn't learn more from a better teacher. I also feel confident taking my equipment there to be serviced. I know that the repair technician is more than qualified. And lastly, I like the way they have set up their dive trips/vacations. I feel more comfortable diving with people that I know. It is so convenient to be able to walk in the shop and say I want to go on that trip, and everything is taken care of for you. You name it, airfare, transportation, meals- all included. It's great!
OK,

Normally I try not to interfere or show bias but I just have to call you on this. A little up-front disclosure please...

Isn't it correct that you work for the aforementioned Paul and Scuba Sciences? So walking into the shop could mean out of your office and down the hall? Can you see how your post could appear a little biased?

btw, you already posted similar praise earlier in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2402841&postcount=9

Except for the lines about the repair technician. That wouldn't have anything to do with the 20+ page post on this forum that discusses your employers reaction to a regulator situation would it?

I certainly support your right to and encourage you to express your opinions. It would be nice if it were done in a more open manner.

And fyi, posting with multiple user names is a violation of the TOS that you agreed to when you joined under the Missy01 user name.

I support Scuba Sciences and regularly go there. They're my Zeagle dealer and I will have no qualms about having my BC serviced there in the future. I may check it a little more carefully than I have in the past, but that's just human nature...

Can we just let this thread quietly die?

sjspeck:
OK,

Normally I try not to interfere or show bias but I just have to call you on this. A little up-front disclosure please...

Isn't it correct that you work for the aforementioned Paul and Scuba Sciences? So walking into the shop could mean out of your office and down the hall? Can you see how your post could appear a little biased?

btw, you already posted similar praise earlier in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2402841&postcount=9

Except for the lines about the repair technician. That wouldn't have anything to do with the 20+ page post on this forum that discusses your employers reaction to a regulator situation would it?

I certainly support your right to and encourage you to express your opinions. It would be nice if it were done in a more open manner.

And fyi, posting with multiple user names is a violation of the TOS that you agreed to when you joined under the Missy01 user name.

I support Scuba Sciences and regularly go there. They're my Zeagle dealer and I will have no qualms about having my BC serviced there in the future. I may check it a little more carefully than I have in the past, but that's just human nature...

Can we just let this thread quietly die?

sneaky of them huh?

she even posted in the same thread twice using both Scubaboard user names.

missy01:
I chose Scuba Sciences because everyone in the store is very friendly and helpful. Both of my parents and my daughter have also taken classes here.
And as far as the trips they run- they are the ONLY dive shop in the state that has their own bus and drives you to the dive location. Every other dive shop makes you drive your own vehicle (if you break down along the way- you are S.O.L.!) This could be a major inconvience to everyone on the trip!!!
While other dive shops may not have such a high regard for other people in the industry they have NEVER said a derogatory thing about any other shop in the state. Futhermore, they have been in business for over 30 years!! That in itself should say something about the quality and caliber of this scuba shop.
If you don't believe me, check them out for yourself!!!!
Point of Information: MISSY01 os the Office Manager of Scuba Sciences.

Back
Top Bottom