What is your LDS and WHY? (Phoenix Area)

Dive shops

• All Wet Scuba

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Inland Water Divers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ocean Planet Scuba

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Oasis Divers

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paradise Scuba

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Scuba Sciences

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Scuba Specialties

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Sports Chalet

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
That's total and complete BS! They delete that thread but let the "everybody tell us why were so great" thread live and this POS farce of a poll, with more trolls and sockpuppets than you can shake a stick at to bump up their numbers.

Uggg, I'm disgusted, I thought better of Scubaboard than that! It could have been culled and left locked.

-Garrett

I PM'ed the mod who closed the threads to complain. This is quite wrong IMO. At WORST that thread should have remained closed. Way strong handed by SB. Most of the thread was legit raising of issues wrt how SSI handled that situation. Disgusting.

Edit: Glad to see that SB has reinstated the post in question.

It was a good topic, so thanks for the thread, sharkbyte. Unfortunately, they're like a rash that won't go away - and I agree that to leave this thread which is certainly not what you intended and delete the other, is at best a bad decision and at worst fraught with shades of cronyism and dishonesty.
Let's see how many of the sock puppets are banished, as well as what changes will happen to insure disclosure if you work for (i.e. DM, or "divecon", instruct, account,sweep floor, or get any form of reimbursement, be it cash or barter) a dive shop and post anything, no matter how remotely, about it.
Steven Ash is affiliated with one- and we all know it. He mentions it quite often.
ScubaJCF just bought into one - and it was the subject of its own thread. His posts never are chest-thumping, I'm the greatest, and my dive store is greatest. No one else's employees do so as near as I can tell.
Never hear about ElMar, or any of the others. They're classier than that.
No one who's read these and didn't already form an opinion would set foot in that shop-and to that I say, we have something they want, and it's MONEY. Keep it, or give it to another shop, and you've helped in the biggest way possible.
I'm very disappointed- discussions and even arguments are what brings out viewpoints, and are healthy in most cases. Censorship is never the answer.
And the next argument will be "they're individuals, I can't control them" which of course we all know is nonsense.

I'm probably done with this board if there isn't penalties dished out and some semblance of change to correct some people's posting habits. Diver2Diver is, unfortunately, more to my liking at this point.
Nice knowing all you non-pigs!

The wheels of the MODS grind slow but they grind fine. Shooting my mouth off prematurely has taught me to wait and see how it all comes out. Usually I'm happy and rarely I'm disappointed, but it always takes a long time. Best to wait.

I've PM'd the Moderator involved also and asked him to verify that the thread has been permanently removed. And if so to please post an explanation on Arizona Scuba.

Personally I've never seen censorship applied on SB when it wasn't deserved. So it's possible the thread may still be resurrected.

There was a lot of valid commentary(and criticism) including some by highly respected members of the SB community. Some careful pruning would have left the substance intact for future reference. As an example, I know of several people that inquired of the OP regarding whether they could use the video for training purposes.

shark.byte.usa:
That's total and complete BS! They delete that thread but let the "everybody tell us why were so great" thread live ....

Uggg, I'm disgusted, I thought better of Scubaboard than that! It could have been culled and left locked.

-Garrett
It's back, I retract the previous remarks. :D

that the mods would reinstate that complete thread, apparently unedited. I spent the last 45 minutes checking it out.
Good for you, Scubaboard! I'm now as dedicated as an ex-smoker!
And now, if you could so something about the sock puppets......

From the TOS:
The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the TOS. At their discretion, when they deem it in the best interest of ScubaBoard, they may edit or delete avatars, pictures, posts and threads, and even ban users when necessary. The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited. Membership is a privilege, not a right. We reserve the right to deny service to any person at any time with or without cause or notification.
If you feel a post is in violation of this policy, please use the Report button to submit it for review by a Moderator.

sjspeck:
It's been brought to his attention....

Edit: And Resolved. :confused:

boatflyer should be the only account being used now.
A check of both profiles indicates this is so.

diverfromhell:
i have read some of scubadiver1302001 posting and it looks like he gets picked on alot for his spelling and gramer

why?

(I see another thread closure on the horizon...lol)

:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom