What is your favorite piece of scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my favorite would have to be my Salvo 21W HID light. If I don't have a light, it isn't worth diving.

Runners up would be my p-valve and the spring straps on my fins. Big improvements in diving comfort and ease.

I'll ammend my earlier statement.

Springstraps.

They make such a difference in gearing up, I won't own fins without them.

Springstraps - I'm not sure how I ever lived without them.

On a side note: The Scuba.com ad with the dolphin that gets closer and closer to the camera creeps me out! STOP LOOKING @ ME DOLPHIN! :)

I like every thing but the favorite one tends to be whatever I purchase last.
Granted once you have enough gear to set up half a dozen people it gets harder to justify new purchases, so I get to keep a "favorite" for several years at a time.
My previous favorite was the mares quatro full foot fins. I started with full foot fins many decades ago but for some reason I accepted the silly idea that "real divers" wear open heel with booties ....pffff booties are "necessary" for cold water or if you have to expose your feet to unfriendly surfaces but other than that, full foot fins are soooo nice, I was thrilled rediscovering them a few years ago.

The fins novelty wore off though... I still like them but just recently got rid of all my steel 120's and now I have steel 100's
Steel 100's are my new favorite piece of gear.

Sea bands don't do anything! Your favorite piece of equipment is also your brain; specifically, the part that enables the placebo effect.:wink:

I'll have to go back to rite-aid and see if they sell "get rich quick bands"! Maybe my brain will enable a placebo effect and help me buy the rest of the scuba gear I need.:wink:

Living in landlocked Colorado, my favorite piece of gear, without a doubt, is the boarding passes for my next trip...

After that, it gets tricky. Maybe my dive caddy, since it lets me be certain that I'll arrive with my dive gear. The rest of my luggage can get lost, and I'll only be mildly annoyed. But if my dive gear were lost....

I would have to say my Regulators. 1st stage especially (look at the shiny metal )

Items of dive gear are like children - they are all beautiful in their own special way, and I love them all equally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom