What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My AGA has never fogged, not once and it has been in some horrible conditions. Al though, now that I think about it, It might have fogged once, however, visibility was less than a foot and it was dark so how would I know??

;o)

I still vote for spit...

Jedderkoppen:
toothpaste does wonders.

And it smells far better than spit.:D

SeaGold

People sing the praises of baby shampoo but my experience has been less than stellar. Spit is the only thing that seems to work but sometimes it upsets people on the boat.

The windshield wiper certainly clears a fogged mask. But once you start, you're doing it for the rest of the dive. Its nice when you don't have to do it at all.

Cheap and easy to come by.

Also, don't forget to burn inside of the glass on the mask with a lighter (just be careful not to melt the mask) to remove any remaining production 'protection'.

It works for normal masks.

burn the mask? YIKES!! i'll stick with toothpaste to prep my mask!

I'm partial to baby liquid bath soaps because they smell really good (and inexpensive).

m510007_Baby_Milk_Bath_200ml_small.jpg

Actually now that you mention the burning It reminded me of when I bought my Mares mask in Italy. The guy in the shop proceeded to pull out a lighter and put it to the inside of the mask and run it back and forth. I asked the guy why and he said to help keep it from fogging. Just be careful not to keep the flame in one spot and definately avoid the silicone. After that I used toothpaste and spit and it worked like a charm. gotta try it on my new mask, thanks for that xander.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom