What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alan, would you verify this for me please?
I've found a product with the same name Fog-Not for clearing motorcycle helmet,
apparently, it's made in Japan, there was a typical chemical warning together with the instruction saying: DO NOT SWALLOW and DO NOT INHALE

Just wondered if this is the same product.... want to make sure before I try it....

AlanDeep:
I challange anyone's spit and put my Fog-Not up to comparison with any anti-fog on the market. It's not a sufactant, it's not alcohol, propylene glycol, not soap, won't sting your eyes, is natural.

Send me your address and I'll send a sample free.

My PayPal screen is not a scam.

Try this thread:
http://www.ScubaBoard.com/showthread.php?p=1654559#post1654559

Here are some testimonials from returned Fog-Not web surveys:
---------------
Name: Jeremy
level: AOW dives: 35-40
favorite: Fog-Not

Previous method: Beside Fog-Not, the next best solution that I trust is Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo mixed 50/50 with water. Some complain of and irritated eye, but the "no tears" logo on the bottle would suggest otherwise, it works, but I like Fog-Not much better.

Test location: Home pool for 1 hour water: 85 air: 75
mask: XS Scuba, Tusa, Sherwood lenses: Glass

I compared Fog-Not against the 500psi defog mixture, using brand new masks. Within 5 minutes the 500psi brand was showing signs of fogging. At about 10 minutes the fogging was terrible. I repeated the same experiment with fog-not and after 40 minutes I saw no visible signs of fogging. Nothing! Just perfect clear masks! Works way better than it should!

Best mask defog solution on the market. I've tried everthing, this is the best.
Is Fog-Not better: Yes
Would you buy: Cause it works like you say it will.
Would you recommend: absolutely!
-------------------------------------------
Name: Corey D.
level: open water dives: 17
Current favorite: Baby Shampoo
Previous method: Just spray on, rub around and let dry. Dip in water before dive good to go.
Test location: Cooper river South Carolina water: 56
mask: Posedien 3d lenses: Glass

Worked very well. I will be buying some more.
Lenses when applied: dry
sprays: Wiped with sample
irritation: NO better: Yes buy: Yes recommend: YES
--------------------------
Name: R Michael S.
level: EAN, DP
Current favorite: It's now FogNot, Otherwise I used whatever was available at my LDS
Previous method: I used spit for many years but over the past few years it lost its effectiveness.
Test dates: March 2006 Test location: -Nubble Light, York ME (USA)
water: 35F air: 20F mask: don't recall lenses: Plastic
well: Works very well.
Lenses when applied: dry
smell: Not unpleasant irritation: No irritation

Comments: Very nice product. Easy to apply. No more tears :)
better: Yes buy: I did.
Would you recommend: I did (www.scubadiving,com and www.scubaboard.com)
-----------------------
Name: Randy Osgerby [yes, the photographer]
level: Adv dives: 600
Do you normally use toothpaste: On new mask only
Current favorite: 500 psi
Test dates: Jan 13-20, 2006 Test location: Maldives water: 81 air: 84
mask lenses: Glass
Did Fog-Not work well: pretty well, lasted 2-3 dives
sprays: usually 2 smell: neither pro nor con irritation: no
Is Fog-Not better: maybe a little
Would you buy Fog-Not: yes
Would you recommend: yes
----------------------
Sorry for the long post but just try Fog-Not, it works!
Alan

spit, always with me and it never burns my eyes.

The cheap spray stuff or spit when I forget the spray usually works for me. They will not work on my wife's mask though. We even switched masks one day just to see if it was her. My mask didn't fog for her and I couldn't stop hers from fogging on me. Only 500 PSI - apply and let dry - seems to work on her mask no matter who wears it.

SeaGold Gel!!!!!!

a thimble of sea water and a head shake.

Alo100, I didin't know about the fognot from Japan. I trademarked the Fog-Not name.
I wish Japan and China would respect our marks.

Fog-Not is made by me in the USA, formerly in Texas and now in Minnesota.

Fog-Not is designed to work on surfaces that get wet, not dry glass with a little fog like car windows and motorcycle helments. Fog-Not make the water stick to the glass in a very thin film that lasts and is perfectly flat. Fog-Not even works the next day after the mask has been allowed to dry.

I use it at the beginning of a boat dive trip and it works for the whole trip, I just re-wet the mask.

I used Fog-Not for my entire Rescue Diver class in the pool and for the 6 hours in the lake. Mask on / mask off, repeatedly all day. The only reason it needed to be re-applied was when I wore my mask on the back of my head and my hair rubbed it off.

AlanDeep:
Alo100, I didin't know about the fognot from Japan. I trademarked the Fog-Not name.
I wish Japan and China would respect our marks.

Fog-Not is made by me in the USA, formerly in Texas and now in Minnesota.

Fog-Not is designed to work on surfaces that get wet, not dry glass with a little fog like car windows and motorcycle helments. Fog-Not make the water stick to the glass in a very thin film that lasts and is perfectly flat. Fog-Not even works the next day after the mask has been allowed to dry.

I use it at the beginning of a boat dive trip and it works for the whole trip, I just re-wet the mask.

I used Fog-Not for my entire Rescue Diver class in the pool and for the 6 hours in the lake. Mask on / mask off, repeatedly all day. The only reason it needed to be re-applied was when I wore my mask on the back of my head and my hair rubbed it off.

Interesting, is it possible that your company has made the product available in Japan and have made the translation for that? If not, your company may want to look into that, it's between your company and the copy cat now.

Also, for the US version, any comment about this:
DO NOT SWALLOW and DO NOT INHALE

I have no connection in Japan.

Fog-Not does not irritate and is non-toxic.

Send me your address (as a private message) and I'll send you a sample, free.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom