What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSSS

Registered
Reaction score
I have found that simply washing the face with baby shampoo before diving really helps prevent the face's oils from causing the mask to fog.

But, I'm still looking for the "best" antifog. I'm not even sure what is in my bag right now. 500 PSI has worked well in the past.

I would like to be able to use plastic reading glasses inside the mask and have them remain clear. So far they fog like crazy. Any ideas here?

What anti fog do you like the best?

PS, a friend got a hydro optix mask, we think it has a plastic lens and he never could find any way to keep it clear. It fogged like crazy, he just could not use it. Is there anything that works on these plastic lenses?

spit works fine most of the time for me

sometimes it doesn't, especially if i am hot

i've tried several commercial defoggers and they all work well
(i've never had a mask fog up with a commercial defoger)

you can make your own with baby shampoo and water

I have a SeaVision mask, so I have to use SeaVision defogger

Seriously, once you develop the windsheild wiper technique, you will never need defog and rarely spit at all. Just let a little water in to your mask with your head looking at the bottom, and then turn your head from side to side "cleaning" the fog off and blow the thimble of water out. I probably do that several time on every dive.

BTW,

I got my new Hydroptix mask today and it came with it's own defog! I'll let you know how it works. :D

catherine96821:
Seriously, once you develop the windsheild wiper technique, you will never need defog and rarely spit at all. Just let a little water in to your mask with your head looking at the bottom, and then turn your head from side to side "cleaning" the fog off and blow the thimble of water out. I probably do that several time on every dive.
i use sea drops, it is the best antifog in a bottle, but CATHERINE uses the same method that i use and it is better then them all!!!!

shampoo (if you wanna safe your eyes - baby shampoo) or dishwashing liquid work wonders for very low cost (usually they give you that free at your hotel in handy bottles) otherwise spit works and most of the overprized "defogging solutions".
rub it on nicely, let it even stay and wash it out just before you enter the water.

It seems like purposefully letting a little water into a mask and flushing it out to get rid of fog is a lost art. Sea Drops are relatively cheap (spit is still cheaper) and work well. I actually use my sea drops on the bathroom mirror- no fogging after hot showers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom