What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Click on Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons

Which ones are currently disabled? and enabled?

I'll check back in about an hour...

Shockwave Flash Object is enabled

Under ad ons that have been used by internet explorer there are about 50 things listed.

This is the same computer I have been using for 3 years to get on SB. Dell Inspiron, window xp

Threatfire is almost done running the intli scan, will run adware next as well as my cleaner and pctune up and make sure my broswer is up to date

Will report back. Thanks for the help

Under ad ons that have been used by internet explorer there are about 50 things listed.
None of them are your problem.

What IE version? 6? 7? or beta8?

I don't think running any adware/spyware/virus checker is going to solve your problem as from what you've described that's not your problem afaik.

Check this also:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
Click the Internet zone.

If it's set to Custom stop here and follow the next step, otherwise click Default Level.

If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.

A couple more things:

In the enabled add-ons is there one for Java? - probably Sun Java Console but it could be named something else.

And click on Manage Add-ons. Then change the dropdown to Add-ons that run without permission. Is one of them Java Plug-In v. xx.xx?

download AdAware and Spybot and run those. then run them again. then again if needed.
My grandson is going thru puberty and I was asked to clean their computer of some spyware that magically appeared on the computer. :eyebrow: I think that Avast, Lavesoft Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy will clean just about anything. All free, but the last two have to be manually updated unless you pay.

How about the easy answer? Restore your computer to a date prior to the problem starting. I keep a shortcut for that one on my desktop. :crafty:

@#$@%&&**+#@ #@$$@$%# %$#@#$%%#$ Windows!

OK I tried a system restore 3 times with 3 different restore points. It said it could not be done.

AdAware didn't find anything significant. Spybot was clear. Zone Alarm was clear with only a few cookies to delete.

When I first log in the page loads correctly. I can view one thread correctly. When I click on User CP or New Posts, the page screws up. If I click on new posts, I just get the ads from the side across the top and it says page loaded but with errors.

If I click user cp and select a thread the ads and the control bar run across the first post.

running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service pack 3
Dell Inspiron 1150 Mobile Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz 1.25 gig of RAM

Went to tools in windows explorr and clicked reset all zones to default level

I have updated all windows updates

Using Internet Explorer 7

I have the same page load issues whether I view logged in or if I am logged out.

This is the only web site I am having problems with. Any other forums that I might visit to see if it is a problem on those sites too?

Did you try downloading firefox?

@#$@%&&**+#@ #@$$@$%# %$#@#$%%#$ Windows!

Using Internet Explorer 7

My system is a bit different than your, like Windows Vista, but I had numerous problems with it until I went from Explorer to Mozilla Firefox. Might be worth a shot.

Any other forums that I might visit to see if it is a problem on those sites too?
Other forums that run the same .vbulletin software that we do:

The Dive Matrix - Scuba Diving Forum, Dive Events, Travel & Equipment Reviews
Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board
The Deco Stop - Powered by vBulletin

I don't think System Restore has any effect on Internet Explorer add-ons. Probably not worth the trouble.

Can you do a screen capture and post it here? If you have Photoshop, I can walk you through the process if necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom