What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Day three with limited access. The paranoia continues!

OK if I hit new posts nothing but the google ads come up in both Windows Explorer and also in FireFox. If I hit refresh or reload page then it will come up correctly but still say with errors on the page. Neither browser will load the page correctly. The load differently from each other in that the ads come up in different places across the page or nothing but ads come up when I hit new posts.

It is hit and miss with the ads covering up the first post. I have saved screen captures. Can I email those to anyone?

I have updated all the windows updates, used PC Tune up and spy bot. This morning I am running another deep scan with Zone Alarm. I ran PC pit stop and did the things I was able to do with is suggestions.

We don't have anything specifically targeted to mess with individual users. Still waiting to see a screen shot from your computer.

With all of the scans you've run... were any a VIRUS SCAN?

I'll take a look, sjspeck@scubaboard.com

There's a nasty thing called a re-director. It would be redirecting you offsite though. Do you still see Scubaboard in the background at all times? If so, that's not your problem. None of the spy-ware programs will catch it.

Zone Alarm is both virus and spyware.

To what address should I email the screen caps?

e-mail to me as well... howarde at scubaboard.com

Thanks.

The fact that you have the problem in both Firefox and IE seems to indicate a problem in Windows. However FF and IE do share some common elements such as plug-ins.

Try disabling everything in Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable/Disable Add-ons>Add-ons Currently loaded in Internet Explorer, then close IE and restart it.

If that solves the problem, then Enable them one at a time until the problem returns and that's your problem. It could be Shockwave or possibly Javascript, both are used by .vbulletin for some of the window elements afaik.

Please post or forward to me :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom