What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
This morning when I log in to read a thread, this giant pop ad comes us and it overlays the thread so I can't read the posts underneath.

I don't mind ads on the site, but when they cover up the words to the thread and can't be closed, it is a pain.

Anybody else seeing this?

Same here, never had that kind of ad on SB.

No popups here, or even warnings from Firefox that they're tying to happen. I suspect you have spyware/adware of some sort.

We don't have pop-ups...

You should check your computer for Spyware.

Those pop-ups are infections that are on your computer, not a function of ScubaBoard.

Didn't your momma warn you to stay off those bad sites? :D

It could just be that your browser didn't load the page properly and put an image in the wrong spot. Try reloading the page, if it doesn't go away, I'm with the others, your infected.

This morning when I log in to read a thread, this giant pop ad comes us and it overlays the thread so I can't read the posts underneath.

I don't mind ads on the site, but when they cover up the words to the thread and can't be closed, it is a pain.

Anybody else seeing this?

download AdAware and Spybot and run those. then run them again. then again if needed.

If it's still happening, boot up in "safe mode" (I think press F8 several times before the computer boots) and run it in safe mode. That way your networking hasn't started yet.

also look in your installed progams and see if anything is in there that you did't install. If you don't know what it is and are not sure, then google it and research it. (for example, HP installs a bunch of crap with your printer drivers you don't know about. nothing wrong with it, but chances are you don't know about it and might easily delete it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom