What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

running spy bot as I type, the ad on this page if for SDI as one for meet local scuba divers,
It says ads by google on the bottom

I have those ads, but they're on the side... not popping up. I'm not sure that it's spyware if it's the same ads we see.

Are you viewing them when not logged in? They are for un-registered members.

The only ads that registered members will see are the TOP of Page (2nd top in some sub-forums), side of page, and the very bottom.

I am logged in. I ran a full Zone Alarm scan last night and it did not find anything. Just finished spybot search and destroy, it only found right click media and fixed that.

I only see the pop up when I got to read a thread. Not happening on any other websites today. I am using windows internet explorer.

The ads are poping up over post 1 and are long retangle ads that look like tall buildings as opposed to running longways from left to right.

The one showing now is the regular scuba board logo with three ads next to it. Tall rectangles for the Dancer Fleet and Fitness singles and then a smaller square for SDI.

Off to run Ad-aware now

As my previous post states, your browser is probably just reading the HTML code incorrectly. Make sure your running the latest version of whichever browser your using, clear your cache, close and reopen. I'm guessing your using Firefox, as I've had the exact issue before that your describing.

Since it's not happening to anyone else, it's likely something browser related on your end.

Specifically what IE version are you running? Has Scubaboard worked correctly on this same setup before. Did you do any browser add-ons or updates recently?

I'm assuming Windows XP also right? Do you allow XP to auto-update your system as needed?

What screen resolution is your computer set to?

Try logging out from Scubaboard and then flushing your browser cache, being sure to delete the Scubaboard cookies (usually there's two)

Restart the computer and log back in.

Let us know what happens.

I hope this gets cleared up soon for you. It must be hell missing out on all the stuff that I write.

It is Kev, I have missed the pub today. You know this kind of stuff never happened before Nov4. LOL Please wait for me!!! I don't want the place empty when I get over there!!!

I think something is wrong with the way my page is loading, but I don't know why. As I type this reply the ads that were in the middle of the page are now off to the left hand side where they belong and the SB logo is up above the control bar. But when I am back reading the thread stuff is out of order and the thread takes up the whole page width rather than have the left 1/8 be the ad section like it normally is.

I am running threatfire as I speak.

I am using window explorer not Firefox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom