What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUOTE=OBXDIVEGUY]
J.R.:
... AND there's a company that makes an air matress specifically for the inside of the bed... sweet...
What company makes those mattresses?

The product goes under the name Truck-Bedzzz I saw it in a Cabela's catalog and it's online: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=1AFDN0LAM53W4CWQNWSSCOQK0BW0MIWE?id=0038354517285a&type=product&cmCat=sortprice&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=sortprice&cm_pla=0520205&cm_ite=0038354517285a&_requestid=39274

JCWhitney Co. also carries em'... they're designed to fit specific models (JCW's ad impies there are 66 'theme and variations' for different models)...

Dave in PA asked engine type in truck... its the 7.something liter V-8 flex-fuel jobber... so far its been a good ride... haven't tried the E-86 flex fuel though... even here in Illinois we're only getting about a 25 cent per gallon price break over regular... but when you factor in that the 85% ethanol fuel will result in a significant decrease in MPG (even sez' so in the owner's manual)... the ecconomics just don't work out...

J.R.

My OW instructor had a Nissan Xterra. He was able to fit several tanks, BCD's, regulators and the works. The Xterra has good fuel consumption for the car in the category.

Fuel disclosure: I used to work on the Nissan account.

Jorbar1551:
i dont think i want a mini van. it may be good for scuba diving, but im 19 years old...i need something to look good in
Pontiac Vibe, Subaru Imprezia/Outback Sport, VW Golf, or a small SUV.

Here's a pic of my HHR, hauls the scuba gear AND you can dress it up to look cool (OK so I'm not 19) but I think it looks cool :D
Ber :lilbunny:

not a bad lookin car ^

Ber Rabbit:
Here's a pic of my HHR, hauls the scuba gear AND you can dress it up to look cool (OK so I'm not 19) but I think it looks cool :D
Ber :lilbunny:

You dog looks like he's got a huge smile on his face and having fun on that innertube. lol Cute!

TheWetRookie:
I want the vehicle in this picture and I will bring as many people with me as possible

lol,wish i had that, woulden't even have to get out of my car to go scuba diven:rofl3:

I've had pick up trucks since I was 17 yrs old. You don't want to know how many, lol.

Just last year I bought a loaded Ford Excursion. the mother of all ford SUV's. My husband calls it a big black loaf of bread. You can fold the 2 rows of seats, sleep in it, change in it and haul the gear and even watch a movie during SI if you want :) When the seats go down it's huge. The size of a pick up bed if not possibly a foot longer. I can leave any left over gear inside and not have to worry about getting things ripped off in the back of a pick up truck....(unless of course they took the whole truck).

Yes, the Excursion is a gas hog but, it also has a 40 gallon tank. I can usually get 400 miles out of 1 tank of gas.

A nice feature to have with any dive car or truck is the keyless entry keypad on the door. My new car doesn't have it and I really miss that feature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom