What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would guess the vehicle best for your diving would be in part determined by where you dive. If you pull up to a paved parking lot and walk down the beach, just about any car or truck will do as long as it will fit your gear. If you live in......Belize....and dive off (literally, many days it's unpassable) the Coastal road or put your boat in the water right off the beach, the more hard core 4 x 4, the better. I've gotten F250s and Toyota Hiluxes buried to the axles. These are mere "gentleman's 4x4s". In this case, having a Hummer, or something equally hard core, would be a plus.

I have a 2000 Ford F350 Crew Cab dually with a gooseneck and am retrofitting a 24' 3 horse slant trailer with living quarters and bath into a dive trailer for the dive shop I work with now and I am thinking of opening my own shop next year across from Ole Miss. I want to instruct my OW classes on the gulf coast and get away from these 5 foot viz lakes around Memphis. The trailer will have racks for tanks, equipment, scuba compresser, generator, bath room and changing areas, plus plenty of room to haul equipment. Then those staying at hotels won't have to worry about hauling and storing their gear in their rooms and there will be drying areas inside the trailer. Lots of fun working on this thing.

Don Wray:
I have a 2000 Ford F350 Crew Cab dually with a gooseneck and am retrofitting a 24' 3 horse slant trailer with living quarters and bath into a dive trailer for the dive shop I work with now and I am thinking of opening my own shop next year across from Ole Miss. I want to instruct my OW classes on the gulf coast and get away from these 5 foot viz lakes around Memphis. The trailer will have racks for tanks, equipment, scuba compresser, generator, bath room and changing areas, plus plenty of room to haul equipment. Then those staying at hotels won't have to worry about hauling and storing their gear in their rooms and there will be drying areas inside the trailer. Lots of fun working on this thing.

Pictures please!!!

I own a blazer with a roof rack. I store my tanks inside the blazer and my gear in tupperware on top of the roof rack. If there is only two people going the i can put all the dive gear inside if i fold the seat down.

Hank49:
I would guess the vehicle best for your diving would be in part determined by where you dive. If you pull up to a paved parking lot and walk down the beach, just about any car or truck will do as long as it will fit your gear. If you live in......Belize....and dive off (literally, many days it's unpassable) the Coastal road or put your boat in the water right off the beach, the more hard core 4 x 4, the better. I've gotten F250s and Toyota Hiluxes buried to the axles. These are mere "gentleman's 4x4s". In this case, having a Hummer, or something equally hard core, would be a plus....no matter what everyone thinks looks uncool. :eyebrow:
the only hummer thats even a little ok is the H1
the H2 is just a Chevy Tahoe in a stupid looking bodyit was the dumbest think i ever saw till the H3

Dsc02772.jpg

Don Wray:
our work trailer is of a simmilar idea..
we have a bunch of HP banks in the back with and storage for the imbilical hot water mechine ect...
front has dvd recorders cctv set up to see whats goin on air control box and coms.....
its actually nice

My new vehicle: 2006 Honda Ridgeline-Mine holds 5 full size divers with gear & 2 tanks each. It also has a trunk.

2nd best dive vehicle I've owned-1990 Isuzu Trooper II, tore out the carpet in the back and covered it with Rhino Lining. Perfect for 4 divers W/gear and tanks.

how about something a little cheaper than an h1. also, i have to drive 100 miles to get to the dive spot

Back
Top Bottom