What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is definitely a question for "Click and Clack the tappet brothers" their show is called "Car talk" on NPR Saturdays.

Regarding the Honda Element, they once said "Nice box, where's the car that came in it?"

After having purused the thread, two other ideas have occured to me that have a certain 'cool factor' to em' besides the utility thing...

1: The van idea that others have mentioned is GREAT... I've had two vans... trick em' out a bit and they can be VERY cool... as a theme ya' could do the "60's beach bum retro surfer look"... hey, it worked back in the day... and I gotta' admit, having a rolling changing room to go along with the gear locker aspect has its merits...

2: A friend of mine a while back got an old ambulance (van type)... comes with a lot of spiffy extras that ya' don't normally find on vans and it was wired to contain a generator... lots of possibilties there. Gas milage is lousy... but it was cheap, ROOMY, built like a tank and had a certain unique 'flare' to it...

Beyond that... my personal "cool" vehicle would be the jeep...

... just a couple of other thoughts...
J.R.

I love the Bison idea, but only if I can get it equiped with a locomotive horn. Woo Woo!

J.R.:
After having purused the thread, two other ideas have occured to me that have a certain 'cool factor' to em' besides the utility thing...

1: The van idea that others have mentioned is GREAT... I've had two vans... trick em' out a bit and they can be VERY cool... as a theme ya' could do the "60's beach bum retro surfer look"... hey, it worked back in the day... and I gotta' admit, having a rolling changing room to go along with the gear locker aspect has its merits...

2: A friend of mine a while back got an old ambulance (van type)... comes with a lot of spiffy extras that ya' don't normally find on vans and it was wired to contain a generator... lots of possibilties there. Gas milage is lousy... but it was cheap, ROOMY, built like a tank and had a certain unique 'flare' to it...

Beyond that... my personal "cool" vehicle would be the jeep...

... just a couple of other thoughts...
J.R.

i wouldnt mind having a old short stepside dodge van
it wouldnt be hauling dive gear tho....

Gator Diver:
I would go with the H2 ute. Looks cool and can haul your gear.
ok i know weve only been over it a few times...
but
H2's are wicked lame

Jeep Grand Cherokee will haul all your dive gear, camping supplies, bike on the roof rack, you and your buddy. These SUVs are priced right and are a great value used. Get the Laredo trim with a 6 cylinder engine (basic configuration); it will get the job done while providing a decent gas mileage. It is also the most capable SUV today: I took my 2002 on a dirt bike track, switched into low gear, and went through the entire track without a problem.

This year I upgraded to Lexus GX 470. Awesome truck. I drove it from New Jersey to 1000 Islands with 4 people, 2 sets of dive gear, vacation supplies and other stuff in July.
I have only 2 complaints: 16 mpg combined is a lousy gas mileage and the fact that my wife drives it. :rofl3:

I will get a Jeep Grand Cherokee again next spring when I retire my other car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom