Iberostar Car Rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad J

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, can someone please provide recent prices for the onsite Iberostar car rental service? Would like to have a car available for trips to town, east side, back to the airport, etc but not sure to rent by the day from them or setup a car closer to downtown. I don't think we'll need one for all days, but having the option would be nice (unless it's super expensive from Iberostar).

Using recommendations on this forum, I'm can see Fiesta has a small car for our 5 night stay for $400 (including full insurance). $80 per day all in cost.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Hi, can someone please provide recent prices for the onsite Iberostar car rental service? Would like to have a car available for trips to town, east side, back to the airport, etc but not sure to rent by the day from them or setup a car closer to downtown. I don't think we'll need one for all days, but having the option would be nice (unless it's super expensive from Iberostar).

Using recommendations on this forum, I'm can see Fiesta has a small car for our 5 night stay for $400 (including full insurance). $80 per day all in cost.

Thank you!

Thank you!

HTL quoted us $55/day (inc taxes and full insurance) for an auto Nissan Versa with AC/radio but this was many months ago so the Fiesta rate might reflect last min pricing. HTL offered to drop it off at the resort or wait for us outside the airport. I believe the onsite rental car at IB charges around $80/per day. There's a very active facebook group called Iberostar Cozumel which has been helpful for planning, lots of past/current guests posting q&a.

FWIW...

A trip to town is $15 if you pay in peso equivalent. It doesnt seem like you are saving any money aside from any east side adventures.

260 pesos from the Iberostar? That's the official rate but you'll be paying well above that these days, unless your spanish is excellent and your haggling skills are even better.

I reserved a small automatic car with AC and full insurance from HTL for $50 per day. Will see how it goes. I just hope the weather clears up by this weekend for diving. First timer to Coz.

I reserved a small automatic car with AC and full insurance from HTL for $50 per day. Will see how it goes. I just hope the weather clears up by this weekend for diving. First timer to Coz.
We had a plan to start leaving for meals by mid-week but that didn't end up happening.... I'm hopeful that the water calms down before you arrive, some of the dives are stunning. Palancar Caves was my fav this time & I was happy we went twice over 6 days. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

260 pesos from the Iberostar? That's the official rate but you'll be paying well above that these days, unless your spanish is excellent and your haggling skills are even better.

We just hand them 300 pesos and walk away.

We rented a buggie from HTL a few years ago. Met us outside the resort entrance on time, went over the car and did the paperwork, easy breezy. Nice clean vehicle. Ran fine. Pleasant staff. Picked it up when we were done, on time and with no issues. Seems like a good company. Reasonably priced, too. I like them. Might use them again this year.

Back
Top Bottom