What is the perfect SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 1964 Honda 600. If you can find one. Two seater, 630 cc engine, 40+ mpg, total weight 1450 lbs (approx. 660Kg), steering on the right only. A real man's car, not some wimpy tarted up Walter Mittyesque bulging oversized truck/SUV.

isuzu trooper. check it out.
CIMG2088.jpg

Its got to be a van. You can haul a lot in it, change clothes in it ,sleep in it, and not have everything ripped off like in a pick up.

I'm really digging my Chevy Avalanche!

Right now, i've got a 98 mercury sable. it was my gp's, but he passed away so i am inheriting it. Its a great scuba car, but it doesnt exactly pick up chicks. Im gonna sell that car, and use that money for the new one. im thinking about a tacoma, f150, avalanche, jeep grand cherokee.

thanks for your advice

The perfect scuba car is an mini van,forget what the name is but get a mini van from toyota, or u can do a ford expedition.

At this point I like a van that has the rear door that lifts. It provides cover for those days that it is raining. I, mean, I don't want to get wet, lol, It is also great for taking of the BC as I just lift the hatch, sit down and unbuckle.

My van also has a rear lighter which I have picked up a light that I can plug into it to use on night dives, pre dives and post when getting ready.

TheWetRookie:
At this point I like a van that has the rear door that lifts. It provides cover for those days that it is raining. I, mean, I don't want to get wet, lol, It is also great for taking of the BC as I just lift the hatch, sit down and unbuckle.

My van also has a rear lighter which I have picked up a light that I can plug into it to use on night dives, pre dives and post when getting ready.

what kind of van is it? toyato, ford?

jonnythan:
Some people think they look cool, but I'd venture to say that *most* people think you look.... decidedly not cool. I don't actually know anyone who thinks that H3s look cool. Everyone I know can't stand them or the poser attitude they project.
AGREED!

Ice9:
I'm really digging my Chevy Avalanche!
My vote would be for the Avalanche too, test drove one and it looked to be made for hauling dive gear and keeping it locked up and secure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom