What in the he%$#

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space once bubbled...
to buy the Seaquest balance. Ya I know the bp/wing would of been a better choice but I have no plans to go into tech diving right now. But if I do decide to I will be getting a bp/wing and keep my Balance as a backup. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Brandon

Brandon,

Congrats on your decision. One point though:

BP and wings are NOT tech diving equipment.

Blue Space once bubbled...
to buy the Seaquest balance. Ya I know the bp/wing would of been a better choice but I have no plans to go into tech diving right now. But if I do decide to I will be getting a bp/wing and keep my Balance as a backup. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Brandon
Good choice. The balance looks to be a good value. One thing that comes to my mind, that hasn't been said is that: BC are the easiest to use. Back inflates and wings both take some tinkering to get it right. With a wrap around, you strap it on, tighten the adjustable straps, add some weight and jump in. With a back inflate and definately with a wing you will need to spend some time and effort to get it setup so that it works for you. For some this is accomplished easier than for others. With your balance you may want to start by playing with the distribution of your weights in the back and front pockets. (This part is easier for those with steel tanks which puts more weight on your back.) When you get it right, the surface face plant will go away. Oh, it changes with different neoprene suits etc. Have fun and enjoy yourself. :)

detroit diver once bubbled...

I think there's a bigger reason (although I agree with you) that they (LDS's) don't sell BP and wings. There is no up-sell for the future except a set of doubles wings.

When you sell a stab jacket, the new models come out every year. And you know that you'll be told about the new doo-dads available on the "improved model"!

With a BP and wings, unless you wear one out (highly unlikely) or run over it with your car/truck, it will be with you "forever". No fancy new colors,D-rings, clips, hubs, buckles, cumberbunds! New harness-about $10.00. Not much for the LDS to make here past the initial sale.

Which bouyancy device would you rather sell? Which one would rather own?

I'm so glad 2 here that! And I thought that now that I have a BP/Wings I'd "need" to get a new set of Regs, and integrated weights, and a new gauge and a light like O-rings (well, maybe not quite that BIG) ... :)

And what's this no fancy D-rings, clips, hubs, buckles ... Speak for yourself, I think I'm going for the Black and SS look ... (Rule #6)

~<//><

P.S. Though I suppose it's a harder sell to convince us that the new black and SS is really sharper than last years black and SS ...

Back
Top Bottom