What if I wanted to use 2 ---wireless--AI (air integrated) computers simultaneously, would they inte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they are more reliable then what is point of having two AI?
An spg + another non AI computer to back up your AI computer would be more logical.

Could you please up-load a picture of your 1st stage with all the necessary attachment?

I prefer to have 3 different gas-pressure indicators, best 2 out of 3 theory.

I change my AAA battery in about 1-2 minutes every 25-30 hours of diving. Everything else is outstanding. Visibility and ease of use are 10 on a 10 scale.

Good to hear, I plan to buy a 2nd Perdix AI soon, so I can bring 2 fully equipped regs sets on my trip.

I'm hoping to get in some pool or quarry dive time in prior to the big trip to test/debug any issues, hopefully none will arise.
That's a great idea. Work out stuff before you splash for real.

I prefer to have 3 different gas-pressure indicators, best 2 out of 3 theory.

And yet the standard backmount doubles configuration used for cave and technical wreck diving has only one SPG. Why do you suppose that is?

Last edited:
As a caveat, I only run one SPG, digital or analog, per tank. In that regard, I agree with @rongoodman that this is like the guy who wears both suspenders and a belt. Make a choice. Commit to one. If you spring a leak, abort the dive. If you lose connectivity (which has never happened to me during a dive), abort the dive. I used two for sidemounting two tanks... but there was only one sender on each tank.

And yet the standard backmount doubles configuration used for cave and technical wreck diving has only one SPG. Why do you suppose that is?

No worries, I'm not, and have no plans to ever become a cave or technical diver.

Just as a good 'ol backup device, more reliable than any computer.

That statement is definitely debatable - and has been debated here numerous times. With no definitive resolution that would agree with your statement that I have seen.

Are mechanical depth gauges more reliable than electronic ones? Are mechanical watches more reliable than electronic ones?

So, if I have both a Gemini AND a Perdix running simultaneously, and right next to each other too, will they in any way conflict or disrupt each other ?

?

It is entirely possible that the 2 different brands of transmitters, (on 2 different/separate carrier frequencies/frequency groups) , if too close to each other (stacked on one another), could cancel/phase each other out or encounter IMD/Inter Mod Distortion. This is simply "Mother Nature", and the nature of Wireless. You would just have to try it to see if it works. Best I can tell, the Cochran transmitter operates on a different frequency than the Shearwater/Pelagic/Aqualung/Hollis/Oceanic transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom