What if I wanted to use 2 ---wireless--AI (air integrated) computers simultaneously, would they inte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
What if I wanted to use 2 ---wireless--AI (air integrated) computers simultaneously, would they interfere with each other ?

I've got several good 'ol Cochran Geminis, and picked up my first Shearwater Perdix AI, and plan to wear both wrist units on my left wrist, and run both transmitters off a 1-stage HP splitter using the left HP 1st-stage port.
I'll relocate my dive watch to the right wrist.

I think I'll relocate my SPG to my right HP 1st-stage port.

So, if I have both a Gemini AND a Perdix running simultaneously, and right next to each other too, will they in any way conflict or disrupt each other ?

I'm not really trusting my old Cobalts anymore, and I want to run 2 AI computers for redundancy.

I'll at least be doing some pool dives for testing prior to my early Oct Costa Rica live aboard trip, but does anyone have any first hand experience diving this configuration ?

You want to wear two AI computers, a dive watch, and an SPG why?

(Just wear the Perdix and keep one of the old computers and a battery for the Perdix in your baggage.)

Last edited:
It will work fine. The computers are just radio receivers, they do not transmit.

I don't see the need for the spg.

You want to wear two AI computers, a dive watch, and an SPG why?

(Just wear the Perdix and keep one of the old computers and a battery for the Perdix in your baggage.)

Redundancy plus the Perdix is an unknown/untested computer (to me anyway) so I want to get a baseline on how the algorithms compare on a real-world dive trip.

It will work fine. The computers are just radio receivers, they do not transmit.

The 1st-stage transmitters do transmit though, to the receivers in the wrist units.

It shouldn't interfere since they should all have their own codes. Though, if I were to do it, I would use 1 AI option and then an analog SPG instead of 2 AIs or in this immediate case, 2 AIs and an analog. If you're not sure about your new Perdix AI, you would still have your analog SPG to fall back on. No need to worry about batteries, code/connection issues.

By baseline, are you referring to your estimated gas time remaining based on your SAC rate? You are comparing the new Perdix to your old computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom