What if I wanted to use 2 ---wireless--AI (air integrated) computers simultaneously, would they inte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been running an oceanic transmitter for my Perdix and (previously with an Oceanic) along with a Scubapro Galileo for about 200 dives with no issues. I cant remember if I ran 2 Oceanic transmitters at the same time. I think at one point i did but it was for a short time. I do not run an SPG on my current setup.

The 1st-stage transmitters do transmit though, to the receivers in the wrist units.
Well, yes, of course. There is a small possibility the two transmitters on the first stages will transmit at exactly the same time, but this should only be a problem if (a) you are trying to decode both transmitters with just one wrist computer, and (b) both transmitters were the same model. In the OPs case, they are not the same model, and he wants to pick up each transmitter with a different computer, so no problem.

It shouldn't interfere since they should all have their own codes. Though, if I were to do it, I would use 1 AI option and then an analog SPG instead of 2 AIs or in this immediate case, 2 AIs and an analog. If you're not sure about your new Perdix AI, you would still have your analog SPG to fall back on. No need to worry about batteries, code/connection issues.

By baseline, are you referring to your estimated gas time remaining based on your SAC rate? You are comparing the new Perdix to your old computer?

I want to compare them (against each other) across the spectrum, gas time remaining, nitrogen loading, oxygen loading, no deco time, etc.

Well, yes, of course. There is a small possibility the two transmitters on the first stages will transmit at exactly the same time, but this should only be a problem if (a) you are trying to decode both transmitters with just one wrist computer, and (b) both transmitters were the same model. In the OPs case, they are not the same model, and he wants to pick up each transmitter with a different computer, so no problem.

OK, so far it appears the consensus view is there would be no problem with any conflicts, but I'll stay tuned for additional input, thanks to all so far!

My wife and I use Perdix AI computers and we read each others transmitters when we are within 5 feet of each other. There is no problem except about once or twice per dive both transmitters by chance send out their packet of info at the same time and we get a "lost all comms" message. Press the right hand button and all the data comes back again. Only disconserting the first time. Only happens if we are close enough to read each others transmitters and I don't think it happens if we didn't have each others codes entered to enable buddy monitoring. Love Love Love the Perdix.

My wife and I use Perdix AI computers and we read each others transmitters when we are within 5 feet of each other. There is no problem except about once or twice per dive both transmitters by chance send out their packet of info at the same time and we get a "lost all comms" message. Press the right hand button and all the data comes back again. Only disconserting the first time. Only happens if we are close enough to read each others transmitters and I don't think it happens if we didn't have each others codes entered to enable buddy monitoring. Love Love Love the Perdix.

My top priorities are reliability, ease of use, long battery life, so hopefully I made the right choice.

I change my AAA battery in about 1-2 minutes every 25-30 hours of diving. Everything else is outstanding. Visibility and ease of use are 10 on a 10 scale.

I doubt you'll have an issue. Different manufacturers using the same frequency and codes would be a spectacular coincidence. I dive with two transmitters and two PDCs when I sidemount. Both are the Hollis DG03s and use the standard transmitter. I set the left PDC to read the left tank first and the right PDC to read the right tank first, with the other tank as each's secondary. It works really well. Imagine my friend's faces when I show them my 1.9 SAC. :D :D :D

Just as a good 'ol backup device, more reliable than any computer.
If they are more reliable then what is point of having two AI?
An spg + another non AI computer to back up your AI computer would be more logical.

Could you please up-load a picture of your 1st stage with all the necessary attachment?

I doubt you'll have an issue. Different manufacturers using the same frequency and codes would be a spectacular coincidence. I dive with two transmitters and two PDCs when I sidemount. Both are the Hollis DG03s and use the standard transmitter. I set the left PDC to read the left tank first and the right PDC to read the right tank first, with the other tank as each's secondary. It works really well. Imagine my friend's faces when I show them my 1.9 SAC. :D :D :D

I'm hoping to get in some pool or quarry dive time in prior to the big trip to test/debug any issues, hopefully none will arise.

Back
Top Bottom