What glove system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobzilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have to make up my mind quickly about gloves for a DUI cf200x

Choices so far:
  • glued wrist seals plus wet neoprene gloves
  • glued wrist seals plus dry gloves w/ independent seal
  • zip wrist seal with combinations above
  • zip seal with dry gloves (and ????)
  • shortened sleeve, zip seal cuff with removable dry gloves and wrist dam
  • SI-5 glove/seal system (could not find any info on SB about them)
  • other removable glove system (which one?) with backup seal
If I use attached dry gloves, I need a backup seal as I mess with Maine Lobsters. They punch through 5mm neoprene easily and will have no problem destroying the rubber dry gloves.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.

Last edited:
At present I'm using the Diving Concept rings, but on my next suit I'm going to install the Si-Tech rings where one part is clued to the cuff of the suit. The silicone seals look really interesting to me, and I like the way the Si-tech glove snaps on and off of the suit.

I have dove the Viking Bayonet system and loved it (except for beinf slightly too small). I now dive the SiTech Glove Loc system and love it as well. The glove is held to the ring with a press fit ring and the same goes for the ring to the wrist seal. I am using the black/charcoal gloves that I bought with the Viking system and they are heavier that the blue smurf gloves so I would not hesitate to handle lobsters with it.

• zip seal with SI Tech or Viking dry gloves
That is what I would do on a TLS350 or CF200. That way you have changeable seals without having the rings stuck in place if you want to use wet gloves. Seal changes are quick although initial cost for two sets of seals is more expensive. From there out you can replace the seals on the ZIP system by gluing new seals on.

On second thought though the new silicon seals would be better suited to the SI Tech complete system with interchangeable seals. Hmmm...I went with the SI Tech system for my Fusion.

I have dove the Viking Bayonet system and loved it (except for beinf slightly too small).

Will this work glueless on a cf200x? Too small for what? Suit or hands?

I now dive the SiTech Glove Loc system and love it as well. The glove is held to the ring with a press fit ring and the same goes for the ring to the wrist seal. I am using the black/charcoal gloves that I bought with the Viking system and they are heavier that the blue smurf gloves so I would not hesitate to handle lobsters with it.

Do you meant this together with the removable gloves?

I am using this Viking glove...

The Viking bayonet system installs on the seals themselves, so it doesn't interfere with whatever is holding the seals to the suit. I like them because they are easily installed and removed, without tools, and a leaking glove can be swapped out in the field in about three minutes. In addition, it is a positive lock system, so you don't get popoffs. It also preserves the seal on the suit. I would never use a dry glove system that didn't -- a popoff or glove tear then floods your suit, and if you aren't in a place where you can get out of the water fast, you're going to cope with being wet and cold until you can. To me, that's an unacceptable safety issue.

I have the Diving Concepts ring system. The rings are a bit of a challenge to install on the seals but less bulky than some of the other glove systems. They provide seal redundancy.

You only install the ring system when swapping out seals - so not often. Replacing the gloves is pretty easy if you use a couple of plastic tipped A clamps and a cloth to help hold the glove/o-ring in place during installation. The clamps also make ring system installatin significantly easier.

Many of us purchase Atlas Chemical Resistant gloves for inexpensive replacements: Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant. Go with the 620 or 660 model. Blue is triple dipped, stronger but more durable. Orange is double dipped, more dexterity but not as durable.

The Viking bayonet system installs on the seals themselves, so it doesn't interfere with whatever is holding the seals to the suit. I like them because they are easily installed and removed, without tools, and a leaking glove can be swapped out in the field in about three minutes. In addition, it is a positive lock system, so you don't get popoffs. It also preserves the seal on the suit. I would never use a dry glove system that didn't -- a popoff or glove tear then floods your suit, and if you aren't in a place where you can get out of the water fast, you're going to cope with being wet and cold until you can. To me, that's an unacceptable safety issue.

I have the Diving Concepts ring system. The rings are a bit of a challenge to install on the seals but less bulky than some of the other glove systems. They provide seal redundancy.

You only install the ring system when swapping out seals - so not often. Replacing the gloves is pretty easy if you use a couple of plastic tipped A clamps and a cloth to help hold the glove/o-ring in place during installation. The clamps also make ring system installatin significantly easier.

Many of us purchase Atlas Chemical Resistant gloves for inexpensive replacements: Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant. Go with the 620 or 660 model. Blue is triple dipped, stronger but more durable. Orange is double dipped, more dexterity but not as durable.

Thanks.

So, the Viking and DC rings are over and inside of the existing (glued) latex seal?

Does anyone have a photo on how that would look on a CF200 suit?

Just want to make sure I understand correctly as I did not have a chance to see this locally on someone's suit. I saw Viking seals glued to the suit but that is a different story, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom