What ever happened to RESPECT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who on this board defined an opposing viewpoint as an enemy? A potential convert clearly, but never an enemy. But it is correctly stated, We attempt to do exactly what the Bible commands believers to do and so we witness and share Christ with unbelievers. A jihadist firmly believes also what is taught in his holy book and so goes out an kills people. You are right on the money.

i will never compare a missionary with a jihadist.

their beliefs may be similar, but their actions are worlds appart.

one reasons and talks, the other forces at the point of a gun.

i have all the respect in the world for missionaries. can't say the same for jihadists.

i just wish missionaries would have the same respect for me :wink:

H2Andy:
as for the Babel story, i have given you linguistic evidence
and you have given me the Bible story. you have chosen
to believe the Bible story, and that's ok by me. i chose to
belive the linguistic evidence.

You provided a list of languages that might or might not have an underlying relationship. You offered no evidence of their origins, only that they are (or were) and therefore must have developed somehow as mankind evolved. The humanist is still trying to understand why we have language and how it developed. T Biblical account is that God created language(s).

My truth, the Bible, is fully supported by the world around us. The humanist view constantly formulates new theories, or has none to begin with, to explain the world around us.

Religion, MANs attempt to reach God.........Christianity, Gods attempt to reach MAN.

In there, lies all the confusion. Besides, without a thorough knowledge of history, most of the bible would make no sense.

H2Andy:
well, i respect your right to disagree with the brightest
scientific minds in the world.

but when it comes to believing you or them, i think i'll
chose them :wink:

So, as I mentioned earlier, scientists who do not believe in the theory of evolution must be ignorant buffoons, correct?
Or at least don't really understand science.

When I was in school we were taught that a theory had to be observable, repeatable, and provable. Evolution fails on all three accounts. What is observable is the end result of what happened. That is the evidence before us. It either "magically" happened or it was created because no interim lifeforms exist as evolution claims they should. The Bible, again, quite clearly depicts origins.

In times of utter frustration I find it necessary to speak in terms of the infinite. You see I have found in living that numbers just dont' lie, and they tell some amazing tells.

It will be my final pursuit when I leave you brothers to pursue the infinite, and in order to do that I have had to learn order.

As long as anything is an intentional PART of a greater whole
you will never approach the next point in any given set. Only until a you become a whole in the normal progression of any given set can you approach the infinite. You will remain a fraction. You will never pass square one.

In terms of the ascent of man we hold this set to be thought.
Anything that limits your thought restricts your being.

This thread began as a question of what happened to respect. I have found that respect comes from a holistic mind.

Whenever, any of us, cant accept another man's point of view we deny ourselves a greater experience of the path we have been set on.

Many references have been made to What IS.

Ask yourself...Are You?

I AM

H2Andy:
no, he said you shared a particular view with them.

he's right, by the way. a true believer, whether religious
or political, believes that he is absolutely right and the enemy
is absolutely wrong.

now, you may never ACT on that belief, but you certainly
share the theory.

(remember my point eariler between beilef and action?)

I share no view with a jihadist. I simply am a true believer in the truth. They are true believers in a lie.

FWIW .. you are not my enemy.

Green_Manelishi:
So, as I mentioned earlier, scientists who do not believe in the theory of evolution must be ignorant buffoons, correct?

dude, point to where i imply this.

but you can't deny that the overwhelming majority of scientists support evolution. perhaps 1% of them do not,
and their arguments are just not convincing in my book.

you're just really into name calling, aren't you?

again, if you want to disagree with the scientific knowledge
of the past 200 years, then by all means go ahead and
do so.

Green_Manelishi:
I share no view with a jihadist.

yes you do. you believe that you have received the truth
from God, and that everybody else is wrong who does not
belive as you do.

true or false?

BIGSAGE136:
Whenever, any of us, cant accept another man's point of view we deny ourselves a greater experience of the path we have been set on.

If another man's point of view is a lie, let's say that one plus one = 10 ... Oh wait, in binary it does. Let me start over.

If another man's point of view is a lie, let's say that one plus one = 3, then it is imperative he be corrected lest he come up short when he attempts to buy his ticket.

Poor analogy but useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom