what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill51:
I must admit my wife wasn’t impressed when an ex-girlfriend climber and I had an unexpected bivouac on the north ridge of Holy Cross. Honest it really was the weather that caused it. Other than that if it required crampons or anything other than a top belay she didn’t care what gal I was with as long as she didn’t have to go.

What a hoot! On a Canine SAR mission with an accompanist (I’m trying to be nice) we were the only team getting alerts so the Sheriff asked if we’d follow the ridge until dark, bivouac and continue in the morning (took us all day to get there, not chopper weather; altitude, storm, winter.) My buddy said no he wasn’t prepared. I reassured him we’ll be fine, I have enough for the both of us. “But where will I sleep?” he asked with a pained expression.

catherine96821:
On that note...

I told an x once "I worry that you don't seem to have ANY female friends"

and he answered, totally seriously: "Why would I be friends with a woman I did not want to have sex with?"

I was shocked. floored.

And Catherine, on that note….
If that is what one of my male friends think (I’ve heard the same thing a number of times) I thought of it as a complement. Jus cuz ya wanna, doesn’t mean ya gotta.:D

I just want to know where he finds all these female dive buddies, hes a diver pimp. I'll dive with anyone that dives to their abilities and plans the dive, dives the plan.

baitedstorm:
Bravo!!!! :god:

As an Instructor, I'm telling you now Mr. "make one comment and never reply back to your own thread", get over your phobia, dive with guys too because nine times out of nine and a half (hehehe) I'm the only chick on the boat.

Well said, homophobia is what I was thinking. Maybe he just doesn't trust himself around other guys. Hmmmmmm.

As far as one post and never return, perhaps he fiance told him she disapproves of him posting on scubaboard.

I am a new instructor and my man doesn't even like the water but he understands that I dissappear for the weekend and frequently bunk down in the same room as the boys.. he understands that diving is my life and that I love him unconditionally...
I've even been asked by students If i'm dating the DM i work with in front of my boss and other students because we get along like we'vr been together for years... Uh NO... We have to work together so we have to get along and even a moron can understand that you dive with mates be they male, female or shemale.

If you were going to cheat then you wouldn't make it that obvious and using diving as a "excuse" to see a woman is just blasphemy :)

Ok, I was first to post about this guy, can I be the last? Sure he was a troll, and we have beat this subject to death. If you really want to continue the thread, enjoy. :wink:

Actually, the original poster posed this question so that we would all spend our time here debating his post so he could have all the good diving spots to himself this weekend. :)

I'm on the "other side" of this question. I dive primarily with female buddies who are either married or otherwise unavailable (in relationships, etc.). For some reason I'm considered "safe" and their SO's have never seemed to mind my relationship with their women even when it includes hugging, kissing and... er (oops, I got carried away in a fantasy).

When I was dating a non-diver, she never minded me diving with women. She was very secure in our relationship. I never gave her reason not to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom