what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
yes i trust him.... but men are so dumb/thick/clueless at times :wink: :D

Bah, that's called insecurity. Fess up! :mooner:

Men aren't as dumb as women think they are.. It's just easier to nod and say, "yes ma'am" than to argue. That said, I would never refuse a female dive buddy just because the misses had an issue with it. It's her insecurity not mine, why should I refuse myself of any dive buddy. My main concern will be: Are they a safe diver and know their drills! Concerns shouldn't be based on personal feelings when it comes to diving, it should be based on them returning home safely.

maeistero:
my fiance doesn't like me diving with females, yet i won't dive with a male buddy. weird, but i'm sure someone else has the same conundrum. she won't get certified and i love to dive. i'm not comfortable to do the diving practices with a guy, actually i would not be comfortable with her doing it either. :no

so what do you do? i always make sure my partner and i are similar size and ability.

i'm a guy btw, so she's understandably upset about me being that close to someone.

To me, this appears to be a three step process:

Step One: Dump her. These problems only get worse.
Step Two: Get over your homophobic concerns. Most guys who dive together don't "Do the dive practices" as, I guess, the kids are calling it these days.
Step Three: Focus on what's really important: breathing underwater.

almitywife:
my main problem is that i have very little faith in my fellow womankind and i dont trust them not to go after my man if they spend enough time with him and reliease truely what a nice guy he is
Is this a "Sydney thing"?

Last time I was in Sydney (last month) I went out for dinner with a business associate. We were talking about whether it is easy or difficult to get to know people of the opposite gender in Sydney. He said Sydney women have a reputation of being "home wreckers" because they favour married men. He claimed that women hit on him more when he's wearing his wedding band than when he isn't wearing it. Supposedly, this is due to all of the good men are taken so the men not married must be single for a reason.

Is there any truth to that or is it an urban legend or just BS?

Oriskany Divemaster:
To me, this appears to be a three step process:

Step One: Dump her. These problems only get worse.
Step Two: Get over your homophobic concerns. Most guys who dive together don't "Do the dive practices" as, I guess, the kids are calling it these days.
Step Three: Focus on what's really important: breathing underwater.

Bravo!!!! :god:

It will only get worse after those magical rings slip onto their fingers. I can't even begin to tell you how many late night phone calls I use to get wondering if I had a better time with (insert dive buddy/ students names) "__________" then I would have if he had come along. Who needs that kind of poo in their life.... Ultimately, the lack of trust was a major demise in my marriage.

I couldn't care less about gender (age or race for the matter) when it comes to diving so long as I'm not diving with a moron that I have to constantly babysit. As an Instructor, I'm telling you now Mr. "make one comment and never reply back to your own thread", get over your phobia, dive with guys too because nine times out of nine and a half (hehehe) I'm the only chick on the boat.

My wife doesn't dive, but when I found a potential diving partner who was a woman, my wife was not unhappy.

I have to admit, my gf wouldnt even think about letting me dive with another grrl. She actually thinks I have "scubaboard girlfriends" and she reads my email on here!! (I dont ever log outta here so she can read it any time). It gets pretty annoying actually.

H2Andy:
ok, i feel really dumb

i still don't see what the problem is??

I don’t either Andy. I’ve heard of these problems and never understood where or how people found them.

Hemlon:
The OP said that he dives with people of the same size and ability level.

Same size?? Since when is this an issue in diving????

Maybe it’s a full disclosure thing?

almitywife:
as i once told rapidiver....there are about 5 single gals in sydney for every 1 guy :wink:

hm.....maybe I need to move to sydney. I think its the opposite here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom