What do you love besides diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's kind of sad to say, but as much as I love dogs, I have gotten used to the freedom of not having one and not having to plan around the dependency.
Yes they are a pain in the ass sometimes, but provide so much love and happiness, letting go of them when the time comes is so hard.

Yes pets that live as long as we do would be a great thing, there is but I don't think a giant tortoise would do it for me.

We have two parrots. Older one is 21. The other is 4. No idea how long they’ll live, but they could easily outlive my wife and I.

We have two parrots. Older one is 21. The other is 4. No idea how long they’ll live, but they could easily outlive my wife and I.
Yes as long as they don't get exposed to cold I think some of Them can live a long time.

Golf refereeing. I’m a USGA Golf Rules official. I travel from tournament to tournament making sure professional golfers don’t break the rules. Been doing it for many years.
That's cool. I bet you've got some stories.

Best wishes for your procedure. Where u dive in florida? My home for previous 10 years. I've been to C but not B of ABC islands. Where is Malpelo?
Hi @rexman24

Our townhouse in Florida is in Hypoluxo, just north of Boynton Beach, just south of Lantana. I do all of my diving in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm, including the BHB. I'm just 3 miles north of the Boynton Harbor Marina, 15 miles south of West Palm, and 30 miles south of Jupiter.

My wife and I spent a week on Curacao, it was very nice. We prefer Bonaire and it will be our 10th visit this spring

Malpelo is about 310 miles off the coast of Colombia. I have also been to Cocos, Galapagos, and the Revillagigedos. I will be going back to Malpelo this July, first of these four great diving spots that I will have repeated.
1674484728259.png

1674485793416.png

Alma

That's cool. I bet you've got some stories.
Not as interesting as you may suspect. Golf pros seldom cheat. They often make mistakes by not asking for a ruling. 99% of time spent at a tournament is boring stuff. Checking player's scorecards and so on. It gets interesting when they argue a ruling. But golf has rules for that too!

Nice to see some others involved in shooting sports. My getting back into diving coincided with getting out of shooting USPSA. Ammo costs and component availability were the last straws as far as my interest in that. I used to shoot highpower rifle back in the day before my kids' activities started eating up my weekends, and have always been interested in long range stuff. My retirement plan for a long time centered on buying enough property that I could set up my own range and plink to my heart's content. Now I'm more focused on living somewhere on the water and getting a boat.

My "Saturday morning drinking coffee and looking at retirement places" search went from 75-100 acres in Central Texas to .25 acres in the Keys.

I'm not a golfer, but few past times have produced greater quotes:

'Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose. ' – Winston Churchill.

'Golf has too much walking to be a good game, and just enough game to spoil a good walk.' Harry Wilson

'Golf is a good walk spoiled.' - Mark Twain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom