What do you love besides diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of those rifles looks a LOT like one that I had. As a retirement gift to myself, I ordered a custom precision rifle based on an Accuracy International chassis. I never got anywhere that I could stretch it out beyond 300m, but at 300m, you could cover a 10 shot group with the base of a coke can.

View attachment 765791
Nice rifle. I was into marksmanship a few years back myself. I've put together a box of parts for an AR-10 custom build but I haven't had a chance to put things together. I'm actually downsizing my gun inventory and plan to get down to just my 9mm pistol and my AR-10 build rifle. That way, with today's ammo prices, I only need 2 calibers. When I was super into my target rifle, my best group was 1/4 inch at 100 yards- ie one ragged hole. I never got out past 500 yards because I didn't have a range that supported it. My target rifle was pretty cool. I built it off the Savage single shot target action with a custom McGowan bull barrel. I also had a machinist friend who has since passed fabricate a barrel tuner for me. I was able to tune the barrel to any factory round vice spending hours reloading ammo around my gun. Good times.

1. Competitive waterskiing

2. Waterski Club tournament director and AWSA councilor

3. Hunting and fishing

3. Car club

4. Read about organized crime

Golf refereeing. I’m a USGA Golf Rules official. I travel from tournament to tournament making sure professional golfers don’t break the rules. Been doing it for many years.

I used to love playing with the frisbee with my dog until he passed. Dogs don't live long enough 😟
Yes pets that live as long as we do would be a great thing, there is but I don't think a giant tortoise would do it for me.

Golf refereeing. I’m a USGA Golf Rules official. I travel from tournament to tournament making sure professional golfers don’t break the rules. Been doing it for many years.
Most unique so far vote!

It's kind of sad to say, but as much as I love dogs, I have gotten used to the freedom of not having one and not having to plan around the dependency.
Yes they are a pain in the ass sometimes, but provide so much love and happiness, letting go of them when the time comes is so hard.

Yes they are a pain in the ass sometimes, but provide so much love and happiness, letting go of them when the time comes is so hard.
Yep, you can literally have the worst day of your life, but when you walk in the front door, your a hero to someone :)

Back
Top Bottom