What do you love besides diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose. ' – Winston Churchill.
I know Winston was a smart dude but putting a very small ball into an even smaller hole would never actually work right? :cool:

I know Winston was a smart dude but putting a very small ball into an even smaller hole would never actually work right? :cool:

It’s a misquote. Churchill’s actual quote was “an EVER smaller hole”.

If I could still play badminton and football, scuba diving would not have a chance. Pack up skiing yrs ago because of my knee.
It is the only active sport I can do now and I am very lucky to be living very near to the Coral Triangle. Flight to Philippines is dirt cheap because of the high demand from the domestic helpers.

Hi @rexman24

Our townhouse in Florida is in Hypoluxo, just north of Boynton Beach, just south of Lantana. I do all of my diving in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm, including the BHB. I'm just 3 miles north of the Boynton Harbor Marina, 15 miles south of West Palm, and 30 miles south of Jupiter.

My wife and I spent a week on Curacao, it was very nice. We prefer Bonaire and it will be our 10th visit this spring

Malpelo is about 310 miles off the coast of Colombia. I have also been to Cocos, Galapagos, and the Revillagigedos. I will be going back to Malpelo this July, first of these four great diving spots that I will have repeated.
View attachment 765839

View attachment 765841
Alma
Yeah I miss Jupiter alot, but the coral triangle makes up for it.
I was not that impressed with C. Nice corals but not much other creatures which I like.
Malpelo is new to me. Know of and nice that you've been to the others, bucket list destinations for sure. I used to spend a lot of time in Latin America/Costa Rica before I discovered the Philippines.

I'm not a golfer, but few past times have produced greater quotes:

'Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose. ' – Winston Churchill.

'Golf has too much walking to be a good game, and just enough game to spoil a good walk.' Harry Wilson

'Golf is a good walk spoiled.' - Mark Twain
Can't remember the comedian but his routine was something like: senseless sport- you hit a tiny ball as far as you can and then have to go find it, when you do then you repeat the entire sequence again!- it was funny at the time.

Can't remember the comedian but his routine was something like: senseless sport- you hit a tiny ball as far as you can and then have to go find it, when you do then you repeat the entire sequence again!- it was funny at the time.

Still funny.

Sailing, Skiing, kayaking & skating!
Plus espresso machines and Enterprise K3s!

When I am not working on my lobster thesis, I am also into:

• Horseback riding
  • Keeping aquariums/breeding fish (Betta albimarginata and Betta rubra)
  • Fencing
  • Birdwatching (competitive in undergrad)
  • Art (drawing, painting, sculpture, stained glass)
  • Kayaking (sometimes dive from it)
  • Tea
I’d like to get back into keeping snakes, but my apartment doesn’t allow reptiles.

Skiing used to be my big passion. Then I discovered diving. So now I'm stuck with two vacation requiring passions :acclaim: In between I rollerblade, hike and work out to stay fit and allow for eating nice food. Music is another big one (listening, incl. and esp. live).

Skiing used to be my big passion. Then I discovered diving. So now I'm stuck with two vacation requiring passions :acclaim: In between I rollerblade, hike and work out to stay fit and allow for eating nice food. Music is another big one (listening, incl. and esp. live).
Right there with you, skiing until my knees told me otherwise, and love live music!

Back
Top Bottom