What do you do over the winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL Marie! I really don't feel "that old." I am absolutely loving diving but have to fight the perception that I need to hurry up and learn as much as possible since my age limits my available upcoming years. :)

Biggest problem I find with aging is you don't heal as quickly from tendon pull type injuries. I seem to have some tendon related soreness most days now. I am at this moment icing a shoulder that I messed up over a year ago on an OW carrying tanks and weights.

I agree. In 2009 a ladder I was on collapsed and I fell two stories onto our paved driveway. Shattered both legs, left ankle, calcaneous and foot, left shoulder and had a brain bleed. Took until 2011 until I was good enough to actually feel better. My docs told me I was on "bone time" and at my age it was a longer bone time. lol

Chip,
Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!!!

That would not have been fun at all. I hope you are doing much better now.

I had a ladder collapse under me in 2007 and I landed on some larger rocks, but managed to get up with only a severely bruised side. I did lay on the ground a while with the wind knocked out of me though.

Most of the tendon aches I get now are "mysterty aches". That is, I go to bed feeling fine and wake up with a really sore foot or knee, or other ache. Who would think a 6lb cat sleeping on someone could be so very heavy! Needless to say, advil has become a good friend. ;-)

Chip,
Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!!!

That would not have been fun at all. I hope you are doing much better now.

I had a ladder collapse under me in 2007 and I landed on some larger rocks, but managed to get up with only a severely bruised side. I did lay on the ground a while with the wind knocked out of me though.

Most of the tendon aches I get now are "mysterty aches". That is, I go to bed feeling fine and wake up with a really sore foot or knee, or other ache. Who would think a 6lb cat sleeping on someone could be so very heavy! Needless to say, advil has become a good friend. ;-)

Wait til you get to be my age....though have to admit, aside from two hip replacements, cataract surgeries, iffy back, bum knee, and higher RMV than I'd like, I'm kinda enjoying the 70's :yeahbaby:

Wait til you get to be my age....though have to admit, aside from two hip replacements, cataract surgeries, iffy back, bum knee, and higher RMV than I'd like, I'm kinda enjoying the 70's :yeahbaby:
Hahaha. You are right, but then being in the water makes a lot of the aches and pains go away. :)

Hahaha. You are right, but then being in the water makes a lot of the aches and pains go away. :)

It sure does! Although getting into the water can be a challenge. It was on about dive 9 that I didn't feel like I wanted to just die walking back and forth to the water all geared up. It was a pretty short walk, but it's getting easier. Will be working out/swimming over the winter.

It sure does! Although getting into the water can be a challenge. It was on about dive 9 that I didn't feel like I wanted to just die walking back and forth to the water all geared up. It was a pretty short walk, but it's getting easier. Will be working out/swimming over the winter.
Walking is still OK at 62, though I prefer "close to the car" dives. However, climbing down and back up rocks at certain sites seems to be getting harder each year.

Yea, there are sites I will no longer dive at low tide... just an ankle sprain waiting to happen. Fortunately there's often an "equally good" site with better entry close by.

Back
Top Bottom