What do you all do to liven up kind of boring dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of quarry? Bring a hammer and chisel and unleash your inner Michelangelo.
If it's the "bad quarry" I'm thinking about it's a clay quarry with a shallow bottom at around 25-30' that is covered in a deep layer of silt. The easy-to-stir-up-and-make-for-a-zero-viz-day-for-everybody-in-the-lake kind of silt.

If it's the "bad quarry" I'm thinking about it's a clay quarry with a shallow bottom at around 25-30' that is covered in a deep layer of silt. The easy-to-stir-up-and-make-for-a-zero-viz-day-for-everybody-in-the-lake kind of silt.
Yuck.

Boring dive? I have a few suggestions from my commercial diving days.
Put a fresh dog turd in your buddies booties
Super glue their fins together
Clip a few extra weights on their backs where they cant reach them. Only do a couple of pounds at a time
A few live blue crabs in a gear bag are always good for a laugh

A good time will be had by all.

lq
I live in an area where there is really only a bad quarry about an hour away and a pretty nice clear spring about 4 hours away (which is nice for photos but also rather small). So diving is limited. BUT I want to meet more local divers and routinely meet up with them. What do you do to spice up a boring dive where there just isn't much to see?

practice underwater navigation with a compass challenge yourself . that's what i do.

e9a781a2242de59efdd640c3b60af592.jpg

I was sure Eric you were going to say get pricked
by a purple sea urchin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom