What do you do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Retired oceanographic tech, currently a beach bum that does some boat electrical and electronics servicing.

Computer networking. But with all the outsourcing and offshoring going on my field is declining fast. And I thought I was set when I made a mid-life career change. Oh well. I just may have to change gears again soon.

Graphic designer/marketing associate for a major non-profit organization that also happens to be a major scuba certification agency :wink: Also a semi-professional musician in two local bands. The design job is the one that actually produces any money--the other is a sinkhole for that money. So's diving. I'd rather not have it any other way, either. Life is gooooooood!

I do wish I could afford a decent car and a decent place to live, though...

cheers

Billy S.

Librarian in a university library. Which got us a discount on the OW course, anyway, since they use the university pool.

In my past life: I fixed it if it broke, redesigned it if it didn’t work right, invented it if it didn’t exist, developed programs to keep things safe, created plans to help prevent unwanted surprises, played on the internet, made pretty drawings on the computer and took lovely photos of people. (Side Note: Wedding Photography is simply a quick way of ruining a perfectly good hobby.)

In my present life: I am Daddy. I am the fulltime stay at home dad for my two daughters, ages 13 months and 6 years. It is the best job I have ever had. Hhhmmm.. Looks like the same job description as in my past life.
I still do some graphic arts, web design and consulting but for the most part I am retired.

After I sold my dive business towards the end of the last century and finally left Hawaii, I began to travel. I never went back to work. I think about it sometimes though.

lorien:
Well I sell drugs :eyebrow:
Veterinary medical sales, selling pharmaceuticals, surgical, etc supplies to veterinarians nationwide.
I am a research scientist. I discover and develop the veterinary drugs (for livestock and companion animals) that you sell. I wonder if we work for the same company? I believe we are the third largest and our logo is a red oval. :wink:

I love this thread. We are so diverse, if we were all stranded on an island together, we'd be totally self-sufficient. Except, well, we might have one too many instructors. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom