What to do with phone while shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

schuylerclark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We're headed to Bonaire for the first time in a few weeks and I'm curious what others do with their cellphones while shore diving? Given the advice to not leave valuables in the truck, that means we need to carry one phone with us while diving since I don't see us driving around the island all day without a phone. For those who have been there, how have you typically handled this?

Buy a Divevolk phone case and use it to take fantastic underwater pictures. Bata Bing Bata Boom. Done.

While on Bonaire, if your phone is lost, stolen, crushed at depth, or accidentally flooded in a "waterproof" case - you're potentially royally screwed.

I still vote for the hotel safe and run back to check for business problems between dives.

Just try to get a rental vehicle with a lockable glove box. The thievery, if there is any at all, is entirely opportunistic. They aren't carrying around crowbars and implements of destruction.

Can confirm, dry bag at depth equals waterlogged contents. I tried double dry bag (granted they weren't expensive dry bags) without success on a little over an hour dive at max depth of around 40'.

IF you really need a phone with you then the best option is the DryFob for PSBs, check the size to see if your phone fits or get one that fits.

I'm happy to get away from phones for a few hours

Back
Top Bottom