What do you all do when it's too cold to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one big reason why I left Illinois 42 years ago and settled in SoCal where the diving is year round! As I "mature," I'm starting to think about relocating to the tropics (no 7mm full wetsuits or heavy weight belts to don).

I can't speak for everyone, but with a drysuit, some decent undergarments and argon, my team and I dive 12 months a year. Often in water temps dipping into the 40's.

I miss diving already...how do I get through the winter?
We dive all year long here in Florida! In fact, we are having our annual Fall Mega DIve at Ginnie Springs this weekend. There's always room for one more. :D

Cut a hole and keep diving.

I agree with Captain12pk. A drysuit is, in my opinion, a necessity if you plan on doing a good deal of local diving in the Midwest. I can honestly say that I have dove twice as much after going dry and for me it is much more comfortable during surface intervals. Of course there is some expense involved and you need to find an experienced dry diver to work with or take a drysuit course. You can commonly find great deals on lightly used suits in the classifieds section or in the clearance section of many online retailers.

It get's too cold to dive? Seriously?

Well there was that time when the air was -3 F , I probably won't do that again... :D

Drysuit and keep going!

This is one big reason why I left Illinois 42 years ago and settled in SoCal where the diving is year round! As I "mature," I'm starting to think about relocating to the tropics (no 7mm full wetsuits or heavy weight belts to don).

You're a genius! I want to be just like you!

Back
Top Bottom