What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What didn't you like about the catamaran? Everyone I've talked to loves theirs.

SLOW!!!!. I have a 31' Contender now and it rides just as good as the cat, has a better hull and is almost 20 mph faster. I fish lots of tournaments and no one fishes with catamarans, I guess they would be ok if you want a leisure boat.

Maybe this'll scare the fish outta the water for ya.

Attachments

• bmw-oracle-boat2.jpg
    bmw-oracle-boat2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 238
I bought an XS Scuba SPG/Depth Gauge with compass. The depth gauge arrived improperly calibrated and is approximately 25-30% incorrect in accuracy. The compass works poorly in gauge form, so I removed the compass for a bungeed wrist strap, bought a bottom timer, and bought an OMS pressure gauge.

It is now collecting dust...

Pair of HP80's. Trip absolutely aweful. My girlfriend is using them so at least they're getting used.

Genesis GS2000 regs. Bought it with my Transpac and wing, so no real complaints there. They breathe great, but now that I have the 300bar DIN tanks, they are collecting dust.

My computer - Mares Nemo Excel. Non user replaceable battereies, 4 second backlight and most of all, no surface interval time. It also has too conservative of an algorithm (RGBM) which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I was always pushing my ndl's and everyone on the boats would be waiting on my SI before the second dive. Solved by getting my Nitrox cert. However, it does look nice. :D

Really? I love mine,
on battery side you are right, but
surface interval is calculated in the planning function in dive mode,
the algorithm for experience, is not conservative, is quite the same of everyone, is the same of suunto or cressi (two computer dive experience with both).
and IMHO many plus...

peace
m.

Has anyone regretted buying one of those $100 usb cables for their dive computer? Or is the ability to upload to the computer so awesome that it deadens the pain?

Has anyone regretted buying one of those $100 usb cables for their dive computer? Or is the ability to upload to the computer so awesome that it deadens the pain?

$100 for a usb cable that works, or $20 for one + time shipping overseas that might not work...

Got it discounted though, so meh?

I have a Suunto computer and bought the download cable for it. Along with the cable, they also include the full version of their logging software. I've been quite happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom