What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What don't you like about the gekko? I really like mine, no problems with it.

Too conservative when doing deeper dives, I would like the more expensive models that give deepstops. Diving the same profile with someone using say a Vytec the difference is quite noticeable on the ascent, particularly if you get close to the ndl.

OK... my first definite entries to the list:

Sealife DC800 Maxx kit. I would have been perfectly happy with it if the stuff actually worked for any length of time. In the 10 months that I have owned it, I have had the DC800 camera replaced 3 times for lens defects (they switched out a DC1000 for the 800 when it first came out), I have had four trips to the factory for defective flashes, and have had to have the DC1000 case repaired for a shutter button that sticks if you shoot a picture deeper than 50 feet.

I don't regret my ScubaPro Glide Plus because I still use it in the pool and will be using it if/when I do the DM training stuff in the pool... but I have since replaced it in my diving stable with a BP/W.

I regret buying yum-yum yellow fins when I am swimming in the ocean where they look stupid, but I don't regret them when I am swimming in a quarry with less than 5 foot visibility.

I regretted buying an Suunto SK7 until I replaced the horrible wrist boot with a bungie mount.

That's all I can think of for now.

Why does it only crush your nose at depth? Aren't you compensating for mask squeeze?
Hi Matt I do compensate but even with equilization it will still smash against my nose a nice small nose needed or just try it on at your LDS. It is a great mask if it fits I always take it anyway and keep trying to get the perfect position so not to smash my "shnnozz" - happy diving - steve

Snap sights underwater camera. rated to 100'. It never leaked, but when I rewound the film and open the case, the film had not rewound and all my pictures were ruined. Never will I buy a film camera again.

A wetsuit with the titanium coating on the inside. Bit** to put on. Althought it is one of my warmest wetsuits!
Sherwood adjustable snorkel. The snorkel comes off the clip when doing a back roll entry!

An air (hose) integrated computer. Should've bought a wrist computer.

A BC. I never use it anymore and I spent over $638 on it! I can't even bring myself to use it in the pool.

One of those octo holders that hold the mouthpiece in a ball.

A non-din reg. Din is rugged as well as easy to operate and will be more versatile in my future training.

An engagement ring!!!!

Also a 32' World Cat, won't ever buy a catamaran again.

Simrad Radar, should've spent the $3g more and bought Furuno in the first place, now I have a radar dome sitting in my garage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom