What did I just buy? UGH!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:

TTL = Through The Lens. Flash metering is through the lens, using the camera's metering system.

Plus "Threw The Lens" would mean that someone physically tossed it!

:eyebrow:

I've got the exact same thing sitting in my closet--S&S MM II, bought in '94 for $800 new..check out the YS 50 though, it may not work with a digital camera----I was told no & have it all stored away....let me know if yours works...tia

btw, my avatar was taken with it....camera works--have taken great pics with it in the past---but-----time to move on....

My bad:) so sorry! my spelling is usually pretty good....but still the OP will get the gist. I hope he doesn't throw (threw) his lens away now.

I'll give ya $20 for the strobe and pay shipping, I have an old MM2 sitting round and my strobe is busted. :)

I'll buy the whole thing off your hands for you if you want to come out even.

So, youre not sure if I can use it with my digital? Whats TTL?
You most likely won't be able to use it with your point and shoot. Does your Point and Shoot housing have an electrical connector for a strobe? Most I've seen use fiber optic cables and this strobe doesn't have a optical slave port does it?

Did the hard case come with it? That's a minimum of $50 right there :) You got a good deal with the bits and bobs you can scavenge from it. Just make sure when you go digital that your new bits are compatible.

OH, and check out the Sticky - linked in my sig - for all you need to know to get started in UW Photo. There's a ton of info and links in there to help with many initial questions and some more advanced ones. It will also help you ask questions should you need more information.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom