What did I just buy? UGH!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the hard case come with it? That's a minimum of $50 right there :) You got a good deal with the bits and bobs you can scavenge from it. Just make sure when you go digital that your new bits are compatible.

OH, and check out the Sticky - linked in my sig - for all you need to know to get started in UW Photo. There's a ton of info and links in there to help with many initial questions and some more advanced ones. It will also help you ask questions should you need more information.

Have fun!

Alcina, can the YS 50 be used for digital???.I asked here on SB long ago & thought everyone basically said 'No', was this correct???......

Alcina, can the YS 50 be used for digital???.I asked here on SB long ago & thought everyone basically said 'No', was this correct???......
According to HW's webpage the YS50 will work with their adapter on many cameras. LINK. Remember that just becasue a camera is not listed does not mean it will not work, just that they haven't confirmed it (but it might not). For example, neither the coolpix P5000 I use now nor the coolpix P4 I used before it are listed, but both work for me with the YS60 and the Digital adapter (the P5000 works perfectly, the P4 would trigger the strobe, but I never got TTL to work right with it).

Reef photo & video has it.

Before buying it check THIS LIST to make sure your camera is listed as working with the YS50. If it's not on the list, it might work or it might not. The folks at Reef also know what they're talking about and very helpful. It might be a good idea to shoot them an email.

Camera is a Moto-Marine II EX. There's no reason you can't take very nice UW film pictures with it. You have all the goodies, but you should service it and test it shallow in a pool or something before taking it in the ocean. $94 is a really nice deal, if just for the strobe. If you didn't get a manual with it, here's a link:
http://www.seaandsea.com/PDF_manuals/SEAMASTERPROEX.pdf

So, RJP, I take it you knew what TTL stands for ever since you were born, huh? Please keep in mind that this is a forum for people to have their questions answered and not so much for folks to show off how much of a smart ass they are. :wink:

I used to have one, great little camera except for the 65 foot depth limit (and it will stop working at that depth)

Back
Top Bottom