What compass do you use and where do you keep it?

What compass do you use and where do you keep it?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Dacor wrist mount. It is rarely used as I dive where there is good visibility and use natural navigation. In other words, it is usually in my room.

Suunto on a retractor clipped to my BC. I do not like anything on my left wrist. I find it inconvenient when I need to use the inflator / dump valve.

pufferfish:
SK 7 on left wrist.

Switched from Oceanic as it doesn't tolerate as much tilt angle . Just curious can someone describe or show a photo of the bungee setup.

Hi pufferfish. I am from Toronto, Canada, I don't know If you are from the same city. I am looking for a suunto compass kb-14 or 360 R. Do you know what stores caries them? Thank you in advanced.

I have the Aeris Nav console with the compass and depth gauge on one side and the pressure gauge on the flip side.

This setup allows you to navigate a constant bearing at a fixed depth as you run out of air. :)

simbrooks:
What is so special about the Suunto compasses? Almost half so far has an SK6/7, do these point to magnetic north better than others??? :wink:
Suunto sk7 has big digits for >40yo eyes.
was console mounted thinking left wrist.

Oceanic, on my left wrist.

quimby:
Actually they show quite a deviation towards passing schools of reindeer which is a major problem around the holidays

Well that's why I get lost when they move at autumn :eyebrow:
Am I the ONLY LONELY having my SK-7 on my right wrist :11: and Vyper on my left?
Planning to assemble primary/secondary ones on my video housing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom