What compass do you use and where do you keep it?

What compass do you use and where do you keep it?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a really old dacor compass. and its not quite on the hose or console kinda both, uses a adaptor that fits on my datamax by the hose connection. (if that makes any sense) havent seen any like them any more. may not have the greatest tilt angle, but hey i just hold it level and ive never had a problem.

btw really old as in 92, im not that old. yea i know what you all were thinking..lol

Suunto, left wrist. Just an added thought. When I first started diving, I was lobstering on a shore dive and thought a compass... frivolous. A fog bank moved in while my buddy and I were under and we had no idea which direction land was upon surfacing. We yelled to a lobster boat going by and he picked us up. Bought a compass the next day!

SK7 on retractor

suunto sk7 on cobra console on retractor

Suunto (cheapest diver's model - don't know the number) and in my dive bag usually :O (but strapped on my left wrist on new divesites or when the viz is bad).

simbrooks:
What is so special about the Suunto compasses? Almost half so far has an SK6/7, do these point to magnetic north better than others??? :wink:
Actually, Suunto compasses point towards Finland :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom